CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1070Ti 8G Overclocked
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi all,
Sorry; I'm very, very new to this and only just got High Sierra running on my Hackintosh about 30 minutes ago.

But now I want to install Windows 10 on my 2nd hard drive. I have created the bootable USB using Rufus, and I have set my boot priority to UEFI: USB Key. So when I boot up, Clover appears, and I'm presented with 2 new option (in addition to my High Sierra boot option):
1. Boot Windows from CCSA_X86FRE
2. Boot Microsoft EFI cdboot from CCSA_X86FRE
If I choose Option 1 (Boot Windows), all I get is a black screen with a blinking text input. That never goes away.

If I choose Option 2 (Boot Microsoft EFI cdboot), I get the following:
OsxAptionFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\cdboot.efi
Using relic block:no. hibernate wake: no
And that just sits there until a while later, and after a bit if I press a key, it will say "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key."

I would really appreciate any help y'all could give please :/

Hi all,
Sorry; I'm very, very new to this and only just got High Sierra running on my Hackintosh about 30 minutes ago.

But now I want to install Windows 10 on my 2nd hard drive. I have created the bootable USB using Rufus, and I have set my boot priority to UEFI: USB Key. So when I boot up, Clover appears, and I'm presented with 2 new option (in addition to my High Sierra boot option):
1. Boot Windows from CCSA_X86FRE
2. Boot Microsoft EFI cdboot from CCSA_X86FRE
If I choose Option 1 (Boot Windows), all I get is a black screen with a blinking text input. That never goes away.

If I choose Option 2 (Boot Microsoft EFI cdboot), I get the following:
OsxAptionFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\cdboot.efi
Using relic block:no. hibernate wake: no
And that just sits there until a while later, and after a bit if I press a key, it will say "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key."

I would really appreciate any help y'all could give please :/

I suggest you disconnect your High Sierra disk and then install Windows 10 on your second disk. After you complete the installation and configuration of Windows 10, then you may reattach your High Sierra disk (Remember to set the system to boot from the High Sierra disk).

It seems my boot drive got corrupted somehow, so I recreated, disconnected the HDD with High Sierra, and installed Windows 10 with no issue.

FWIW, I then reconnected the macOS HDD and updated the BIOS to make macOS boot option #1 and disabled all other boot options. I boot to windows by pushing F11 (on my mobo) to select boot.

Thanks!

My hackintosh High Sierra boot drive is suddenly disabled in the boot menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back