Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

I installed Sierra on a internal SSD and it works good. The problem is that I only have read access to my other SSD (Windows) and HDD (for Data). I already tried some settings in Windows, but I wasn't able to solve it. So the question is:

How can I get full access to my other drives without formatting them?

It is because you dont have the drivers to read that type of drives. You need to know how your windows ones are formated, and then download software to read them through OSX. The downside is a good amount of people have issues with it, and you should probably just do what you need to your windows drives in windows and vice versa.

Hi all :)

If it helps I've tried some of the utilities and options for this problem.

From my own experience I've discovered that a certain add-on driver for Windows reading HFS volumes in Windows, works very well. The same company's utility for a Mac writing NTFS volumes, worked okay, but not so reliably - for me - I had crashes etc.

What I have done is format my Data drives (SATA and USB) as "exFAT". This allows read and write access in both macOS and Windows (even Windows XP if you download the driver from MS). Not sure it's the best option but it works reliably and allows copying the larger file sizes we need these days..

:)

Hi all :)

If it helps I've tried some of the utilities and options for this problem.

From my own experience I've discovered that a certain add-on driver for Windows reading HFS volumes in Windows, works very well. The same company's utility for a Mac writing NTFS volumes, worked okay, but not so reliably - for me - I had crashes etc.

What I have done is format my Data drives (SATA and USB) as "exFAT". This allows read and write access in both macOS and Windows (even Windows XP if you download the driver from MS). Not sure it's the best option but it works reliably and allows copying the larger file sizes we need these days..

:)

+1

I have done this previously also, as it was the only 'free' option open to me (Apart from using FAT32 which I would never do). exFat worked fine for me but I only used it for a limited period. Assuming it is stable in both OSX and Windows its a neat option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back