Contribute
Register

windows cant be boot from clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that you are correct. At F12....DVD, Mac Os, UEFI on the Hard Drive, Windows Boot Manager, Generic Storage Device and PO: Hard Drive at the boot screen. So how does a Clover boot option get into the firmware? What exactly would I do and do I put the bootmgfw.efi back to original?

It appears that you are correct. At F12....DVD, Mac Os, UEFI on the Hard Drive, Windows Boot Manager, Generic Storage Device and PO: Hard Drive at the boot screen. So how does a Clover boot option get into the firmware? What exactly would I do and do I put the bootmgfw.efi back to original?

Probably best to use EasyUEFI since you have Windows. Search for and download it from the manufacturer site. Here's more info in a related post. Also yes you should restore the bootmgfw.efi file.

First I need to thank jpz4085 a million times!!!!!! I have been struggling with this issue for 3 years now. And now it works.
Ok.... I was mistaken thinking the Clover Boot Screen was the Clover Boot option. So I read carefully and slowly to what jpz4085 had written in previous post.
This is what I did:
To allow your system to boot into Mac OS X or Windows without the cursor flashing in the upper left corner, you need to add Clover to your motherboard firmware's boot menu and set it as the default.
This can only be done in Windows. An easy way to do this is EasyUEFI.
Download and install EasyUEFI. Launch EasyUEFI, click the add button, make setting to other OS type, select EFI partition and browse to EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI - You can re-order the entries to set the default. Don't delete (or edit or rename) the Windows Bootloader entry or executable (BOOTMGFW.EFI) because Windows expects both to be there as it put them.
You can now use the Clover Menu at the boot screen to boot either Windows or MacOS.
Thanks again jpz4085

that doesn't work for me
but I still got it working somehow
I got a working EFI from the Hackintosh tutorial copied it into the EFI partition in mac os
and then everything works magically
btw I did BCD boot (which makes a new bootmgfw.efi) and it just worked fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back