Motherboard
xiaomi notebook pro
CPU
i7 8550u
Graphics
MX 150
so when I tried to boot windows without renaming the bootmgfw.efi
windows work just fine
but when i changed the name of bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
blue screen jumps out

I tried everything like changing the boot order and boot from a USB
nothing has worked on me

I have windows 10 and mac os 10.14.2 installed
please help

If it works without changing the name, then do not change it.

If it works without changing the name, then do not change it.
but if I don't change the name, I can't even boot into clover
at least when I changed the name, I can boot into mac os

at least when I changed the name, I can boot into mac os
see the multiboot guides at the start of this forum

Same issue here....If I dont' change the bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi It just will boot into Windows.... If I do change the bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi It will boot into mac os fine but If i choose windows in the clover boot screen i just get the blinking cursor in the top left of the screen.

Same issue here....If I dont' change the bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi It just will boot into Windows....

Don't bother renaming anything. What you need to do is add Clover as a boot option in your computer's firmware boot menu and move it to the top of the list.

If the BIOS setup doesn't have a option you need to use a tool like EasyUEFI in Windows or bcfg in the Clover UEFI Shell or efibootmgr in Linux or vulgo's bootoption utility for macOS.

Once you've done this there's no more problems with the boot order changing and no need to rename or delete anything in the EFI partition.

Search for any of those utilities and you can find info on how to use them.

So I just wiped the hard drive tonight & installed El Cap all over again. Works great. Formatted a partition for Windows just like before. Installed Windows 10. Works great also. Now only boots into Windows. However I can boot either Windows or El Cap if El Cap install USB is inserted. I inserted the El Cap USB, booted to the Clover screen, booted into El Cap.
Mounted the EFI partition with Clover Config from the USB. went to the EFI partition, went to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ and renamed bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
Copied EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi to EFI/Microsoft/Boot and renamed it: bootmgfw.efi Ejected the El Capitan install USB drive & Rebooted
From Clover El Cap works fine, chose Windows,on next boot, I get blinking cursor upper left. I did see something funny, at the Clover screen it says Windows is Legacy but when I confirm with windows disk mangager and with system info is shows a EFI partition not the other kind.
Not sure what to do. BTW I am doing a dual boot with one drive.

Clover was the boot option.

Only if you created one for it. Was there a Clover option on the firmware boot menu when you press F12?

went to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ and renamed bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
Copied EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi to EFI/Microsoft/Boot and renamed it: bootmgfw.efi

This is why Clover can't boot Windows. It's probably pointing to the renamed one which is Clover itself. This isn't a good solution anyway and will break in the future.

Now only boots into Windows. However I can boot either Windows or El Cap if El Cap install USB is inserted.

Probably because there's no Clover boot option in the UEFI firmware and you need to create one as I suggested in my previous post. Reusing the one for Windows is not the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back