Contribute
Register

Windows boots in a REALLY weird way after installing Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock H170/Pro 4 Hyper
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Hello fellow users.
I installed Hackintosh in my HDD, after booting and installing it via a bootable USB, and afterwards I replaced the EFI folder from the HDD installation, from the one contained in the bootable USB.This way Hackintosh showed up in F11 Boot Menu, and I can boot to it without a USB, however that broke the "Windows Boot Manager M.2" option from booting into windows (that's where my W10 Installation is, it's broken, and when I select it, it brings me back to F11 Boot Menu.(Keep in mind that High Sierrra is installed in my HDD) So there's an option "Windows Boot Manager (HDD Model)" Which if selected , W10 Boots!
This is really weird, I have tried some bootrec commands from a bootable windows 10 usb and startup repair and system restore none of which fixed the M.2 option to boot into windows...Is there a way to fix this besides formatting my W10 Installation?
I know these forums are not for Windows 10 support, but regardless thank you for taking time out of your day to help a total noob

Moved to Multi Booting.

The "sticky" guides in this forum may help you.

Moved to Multi Booting.

The "sticky" guides in this forum may help y

Excuse me for asking stupid questions but which guide and which section inside am I supposed to follow?
Thank you.

Guides.png

The guides you are referring me to, are for reinstalling windows 10 or OS X.What I want is a way to fix the problem I have, and end up booting to Windows when I select my M.2 Drive, and boot up to OS X when I select my HDD.And ofcourse these 2 need to be done simultaneously...Thanks for helping me.

The Rules said:
Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day

boot windows 10, click on start, type msinfo32 and hit enter. Look for BIOS mode in the popup screen. If it does not say UEFI you will need to re-install Win10 in UEFI mode.

boot windows 10, click on start, type msinfo32 and hit enter. Look for BIOS mode in the popup screen. If it does not say UEFI you will need to re-install Win10 in UEFI mode.
1579637878154.png

Any other alternative?
Thank you.

How many Win10 icons do you see at the Clover selection screen? There should be one labeled "Boot Windows EFi from EFI" that will boot Windows.

BTW, the steps enumerated for a new install in the pinned guides may lead you to a step you might have missed in your installation. Suggest you read them whether you think you need to or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back