Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone. Windows 10 is on an NVMe disk.
From the OpenCore menu it boots perfectly, thanks to a manually created entry in config.plist with the PCI path to that disk.
From the Windows 10 disk it does not start, blue screen appears with option to repair the startup but, when finished, it warns that it has not been able to repair it.
I have tried with Windows 10 USB stick to repair the boot with the bootrec command (fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd) without success.
Anyone know how to fix this problem? Thank you.

Hello everyone. Windows 10 is on an NVMe disk.
From the OpenCore menu it boots perfectly, thanks to a manually created entry in config.plist with the PCI path to that disk.
From the Windows 10 disk it does not start, blue screen appears with option to repair the startup but, when finished, it warns that it has not been able to repair it.
I have tried with Windows 10 USB stick to repair the boot with the bootrec command (fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd) without success.
Anyone know how to fix this problem? Thank you.
Why is this a problem? Are you not planning to boot from OC to choose between Mac OS and Win10?

Why is this a problem? Are you not planning to boot from OC to choose between Mac OS and Win10?
No, I am satisfied with the way to boot Windows from OC. But I don't like not knowing why that Windows installation doesn't start correctly from its own disk.

@Going Bald
Although I had already done this before writing this post, I have done it again and this time the problem has been fixed:
  • boot from Windows 10 USB stick
  • Command Prompt tool
  • bootrec / fixboot
  • bootrec / fixmbr
  • bootrec / rebuildbcd.
Now Windows 10 boots from OC and also selecting the Windows disk in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back