Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey,

I have a 250gb SSD running Mavericks in sata port 0, and a 1TB HDD running Windows in sata port 1.

When I change the boot order so my SSD is first, it never works, Windows Boot Manager just puts itself back in first position even though it's on another drive.

I want to be able to boot into OSX without pressing anything, how can I stop Windows Boot Manager from taking priority? I've looked at a bunch of stuff online but most refer to Ubuntu, and things like EasyBCD don't help because windows doesn't pick up my SSD because of the filesystem.

By the way, Windows Boot Manager is a system partition and it can't be deleted otherwise I won't be able to boot, it is labelled as a separate boot entry to my HDD in the bios.

Anyone know how to make Mavericks priority over Boot Manager? Using a Gigabyte Z87-HD3 with the latest BIOS that I just flashed.

Did you install a chimera\chameleon bootloader after the os x installer rebooted into the os x installation that was installed.

Did you install a chimera\chameleon bootloader after the os x installer rebooted into the os x installation that was installed.

EasyBCD doesn't work because it installs a chameleon iso into the boot menu therefore allowing to boot in to it, thus because it is actually the iso mounted so it can boot.

Bootloaders(eg:Chameleon) always allow booting back into the bootloader(eg: Windows Boot Manager) and display bootloader entries from in this case Windows Boot Manager.

Try using a chameleon bootloader on a cd that can read HFS, HFS+, and GPT formatted disk.

:) Hope this helps.​

Try the bootloader Clover :)

Try the bootloader Clover :)
This is not needed clover has a really steap learning curve for those used to chimera and chameleon the real fix here is boot up off the unibeast USB drive by selecting it in the bios/UEFI as top priority then rerun either chimera stand alone installer or multibeast and install chimera only

Windows will always set it self as the active partition when installed after Mac OS X or any other OS

if the above mentioned doesn't work unplug the windows drive and then do the above mentioned also be sure your Mac OS X drive is in the top of the boot priority for the hdd group in bios/UEFI after wards

then once you got chimera bootloader displaying at startup get the app chameleon wizard and on the org.chameleon.boot.plist section click enable quite boot and the put in your default partition and save and reboot to test it should then boot directly into Mac OS X without hitting one single key and depending on which motherboard you have you'll have to hit the hotkey to stop the boot up process so you can boot windows when you want on asus boards it's f8 and on gigabyte boards it's f12 I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back