Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I hackintoshed my Acer V3 772G ( Haswell, HD4600 , and SSD)

But I couldn't get Clover working along Windows in the ESP (auto boot windows bootmgfw.efi)
I have to rename bootmgfw.efi with another name to get Clover boot and then clover detects windows everything works fine.

I noticed after restarting windows, the bootmgfw.efi appears again in EFI, like it's repaired by windows.

And so the computer directly boot windows

Any idea for that?

Hi all,

I hackintoshed my Acer V3 772G ( Haswell, HD4600 , and SSD)

But I couldn't get Clover working along Windows in the ESP (auto boot windows bootmgfw.efi)
I have to rename bootmgfw.efi with another name to get Clover boot and then clover detects windows everything works fine.

I noticed after restarting windows, the bootmgfw.efi appears again in EFI, like it's repaired by windows.

And so the computer directly boot windows

Any idea for that?

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

It should stop after all Windows updates have been applied. After a Windows update, make sure you remove the previous bootmgfw-orig.efi, and rename the new bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi (eg. make sure you're updating the file to the new one, not keeping the old one).

Thanks for advice, indeed I always deleted the new bootmgfw.efi.

Hello, I tried many ways with mounting efi partition from mac and renaming the bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi but nothing works, when windows boot always delete bootmgfw-orig.efi and create a new bootmgfw.efi, so I tried from windows 8.1 mounting efi partition:

Open a Elevated Command Prompt, then:

diskpart
list disk
select disk x (where x is the disk number)
list partition
select partition x (where x is the efi partition number)
assign
exit

x: [enter] (where x is the vol/drive letter assigned to the efi partition, you can check the new drive letter at "windows files explorer")

cd efi
cd microsoft
cd boot
ren bootmgfw.efi bootmgfw-orig.efi
attrib +r +h +s bootmgfw-orig.efi
cd /
exit

Now restart and clover appears and check everything it's fine loading windows and then restart again and clover should still there by default.

pd: the mounting procedure I read at the link below, changing the attributes of bootmgfw-orig.efi was my it's my procedure complement.

http://superuser.com/questions/6628...-windows-8-1-so-that-it-is-readable-and-write

Hello, I tried many ways with mounting efi partition from mac and renaming the bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi but nothing works, when windows boot always delete bootmgfw-orig.efi and create a new bootmgfw.efi, so I tried from windows 8.1 mounting efi partition:

Open a Elevated Command Prompt, then:

diskpart
list disk
select disk x (where x is the disk number)
list partition
select partition x (where x is the efi partition number)
assign
exit

x: [enter] (where x is the vol/drive letter assigned to the efi partition, you can check the new drive letter at "windows files explorer")

cd efi
cd microsoft
cd boot
ren bootmgfw.efi bootmgfw-orig.efi
attrib +r +h +s bootmgfw-orig.efi
cd /
exit

Now restart and clover appears and check everything it's fine loading windows and then restart again and clover should still there by default.

pd: the mounting procedure I read at the link below, changing the attributes of bootmgfw-orig.efi was my it's my procedure complement.

http://superuser.com/questions/6628...-windows-8-1-so-that-it-is-readable-and-write

Correct procedure:
- if bootmgfw-orig.efi exists, delete it
- rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
- repeat as necessary until all Windows updates have finished

You can also avoid the rename by adding a UEFI entry for Clover.

It is covered in post #2 of my guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

I found another solution valid on my ACER.
Only renaming boormgrfw.efi could be a problen with windows update.
I created a second UEFI partition, let first partition untouched and copied it in second.
I'm using GRUB UEFI, but clover should work in identical mode. In second partition removed all files and dirs, letting only /EFI/Microsoft/Boot empty, and /EFI/<your EFI bootloader> (in my case grub, but could be also CLOVER).
In this partition I copied my bootmanager efi in /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgrfw.efi.
To start windows in grub or in clover you have to chainload /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgrfw.efi in first untouched partition.
Windows update sould not touch /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgrfw.efi in second partition, but the one in first.
In boot order now my ACER show 2 Windows Boot Manager, i chose as default fake Windows Boot Manager.

I fix it by this way : install Explorer++ ,
Mount EFI partition by diskpart or any other software
Run the Explorer++ as administrator
enter the efi partition by Explorer++
go to EFI/Microsoft and delete any other unused bootmgfw.efi and leave the original one
now restart into windows clover will automatically detect it
-Dont Change Microsoft efi partition from MacOS because windows will return every shotdown to the default bootmgfw.efi change from windows better option -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back