Contribute
Register

Windows 8 & Yosemite Dual boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbup: Good going.
Now onto the fun part.

Nvidia Web drivers requires that the GPU is installed so the drivers will install. OS X won't boot with the GPU installed so I can't boot to install drivers... Any one know how to bypass the GPU in OS X?

Now onto the fun part.

Nvidia Web drivers requires that the GPU is installed so the drivers will install. OS X won't boot with the GPU installed so I can't boot to install drivers... Any one know how to bypass the GPU in OS X?
Install GPU, boot to BIOS and set First Init Display to iGFX and iGFX memory to 64M. Boot and install drivers. Reboot and set BIOS First Init Display to auto. Move cable from board to GPU.

Install GPU, boot to BIOS and set First Init Display to iGFX and iGFX memory to 64M. Boot and install drivers. Reboot and set BIOS First Init Display to auto. Move cable from board to GPU.

Sadly my MSI board doesn't have a feature like that where you can switch the iGPU, I will find a work around somehow...

Okay, Apparently I can set it. but I still get stuck at GeForceSensors (pci1): [Fatal] unknown chipset. It makes sense why it is erroring but now to find a fix.

Sadly my MSI board doesn't have a feature like that where you can switch the iGPU, I will find a work around somehow...
Yes it does. Under Integrated graphics configuration.
BIOS05.jpg

Yes it does. Under Integrated graphics configuration.
View attachment 107323
Yeah I got it to work but my main problem was that I was set to Mac Mini so Nvidia driver wouldn't install. Currently running full detected GTX 980 4GB but I can't get multiscreen output. Only over DVI, no HDMi, can't test DP.

Hi guys!

I have three days trying to do a dual boot with windows 8.1 and Yosemite using separate drives.
I installed windows on a SSD, then install Yosemite in a partition of another 2tb drive. No matter what I do or what bootloader install, I can not boot to yosemite without the USB installer. I disconnect the windowss SSD drive containing and returned to perform the installation of Yosemite using the tonymacx yosemite guide, I did all the post-installation process with MultiBeast but still can not get boot into yosemite without the USB installer. I made several installations with different USB installer methods but booting from HDD does not work. What am I doing wrong? Really grateful some help. Thank you!

Hardware:
Motherboard - MSI Z87-45
Processor - I7 ​​4770K
Graphic Card - R9 270
120gb SSD Drive
2tb HDD Drive

Update!

Still no luck on getting Dual booting working off a Single drive. It still requires the Unibeast drive. Everything is working on my system except for iMessage/FaceTime. Bluetooth working fine.

I can't test Handoff since I don't have an iOS 8 device.

Dual screen won't work on my GTX 980. Hoping a new Nvidia Driver will patch this problem.

Anyone get a successful dualboot with Chimera off a single drive?

Update!

Still no luck on getting Dual booting working off a Single drive. It still requires the Unibeast drive. Everything is working on my system except for iMessage/FaceTime. Bluetooth working fine.

I can't test Handoff since I don't have an iOS 8 device.

Dual screen won't work on my GTX 980. Hoping a new Nvidia Driver will patch this problem.

Anyone get a successful dualboot with Chimera off a single drive?

More important UPDATE! :p

Dual Booting is now working!

I was bored and downloaded the standalone installer for Chimera 4.0.1 and installed it and Poof! All is working fine now. Both Windows and OS X boot without a problem.

Now to add a custom theme or two :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back