Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I am currently running Windows 8 on my Pc, and I want to install Lion alongside with it. I already made a partition to install, but I don't know exactly how to do it, and I don't want to lose my Windows installation. I want a multiboot system. How can I do it?

Hi, I am currently running Windows 8 on my Pc, and I want to install Lion alongside with it. I already made a partition to install, but I don't know exactly how to do it, and I don't want to lose my Windows installation. I want a multiboot system. How can I do it?

Install another HDD/SSD is the easiest way.

Do you know whether Win8 was installed on GPT+ or on MBR partition tables on the HDD?

I have only one HDD, 1TB, so there's plenty of space...Win8 is installed on MBR, normal installation, 1 partition(50Gb) for Win8, another(833 Gb) for data, and one (47Gb) for Mac...

I have only one HDD, 1TB, so there's plenty of space...Win8 is installed on MBR, normal installation, 1 partition(50Gb) for Win8, another(833 Gb) for data, and one (47Gb) for Mac...

Then you will have to re-install Windows. OS X requires GUID partition tables to install and you have to format the entire drive to get this, not just formatting a single partition on the drive.

Best is just to get another drive and install OS X on its own drive and leave the Win8 drive to be all Win8.

So, I got a new HDD, disconnected the old one(to avoid erros), and try to create a bootable USB drive with UnetBootin, PowerISO... but nothing, it won't install... so, how can I create a Lion bootable USB drive in Windows, or Linux? I don't have any Mac PC nearby...

So, I got a new HDD, disconnected the old one(to avoid erros), and try to create a bootable USB drive with UnetBootin, PowerISO... but nothing, it won't install... so, how can I create a Lion bootable USB drive in Windows, or Linux? I don't have any Mac PC nearby...

You need a Mac to create the UniBeast with the OS X download from the apple store or you need iBoot+the retail Snow Leopard DVD from the apple store - install SL and use it to download the ML install app and then create UniBeast USB installer

You need a Mac to create the UniBeast with the OS X download from the apple store or you need iBoot+the retail Snow Leopard DVD from the apple store - install SL and use it to download the ML install app and then create UniBeast USB installer
Ummm... newbie speaking here... is there any detailed guide of how to do it? I only have Win and Linux PCs nearby...
Also, I checked the iBoot download links here, but they all are for 10.6 Snow Leopard... and... what is ML?

Ummm... newbie speaking here... is there any detailed guide of how to do it? I only have Win and Linux PCs nearby...
Also, I checked the iBoot download links here, but they all are for 10.6 Snow Leopard... and... what is ML?

If you have no access to a Mac, then the only way to proceed is to use iBoot + Retail Snow Leopard DVD to install SL so you can get to the app store to purchase /download Mountain Lion, since that is the only way to get it (at least most places, anyway). Assuming you have Ivy Bridge hardware, although you haven't filled out your profile, then http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html would get you started, then http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html to get ML (Mountain Lion 10.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back