Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H270M-DS3H H270
CPU
Intel Core i5-7500 3.40 GHz
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC GAMING ACX 3.0 6GB
I've put together a system a year or so ago and it works great for MacOS. I've since decided to put Windows 7 Pro on there too and have both a DVD and a USB version of it, but run into the same issue whichever method I try to install it.

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-H270M-DS3H H270
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-7500 3.40 GHz
GRAPHICS: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC GAMING ACX 3.0 6GB
OS1: sierra 10.12.16 <<< on SSD
OS2: Windows 7 Professional SP1 <<< trying to install to HDD

I'll just list the procedure I'm trying:
  • Reboot into BIOS
  • Load 'Optimised Defaults' and save to MoBo
  • Reboot with DVD or USB in
  • Press F12 to select boot option
  • Choose DVD or USB
  • Windows starts the install process
  • I get to the screen where you can choose language and hit OK
  • Despite the fact that both USB and DVD seem to work (they both get to this point in the install when selected as the boot option!) I get a thing asking me for a device driver (see pic). I've download the USB device drivers for the MoBo and put them onto the Hard Drive which is sitting there waiting for windows to be installed - it can be read but despite appearing to find the drivers and do somethign with them, I get dialog box saying that no drivers could be found.
Does anyone have any clues about what I'm doing wrong here – I'm just not a Windows person and could do with some help.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with the USB options like "Legacy" etc. I've tried a few options but not found anything that works.

Any help appreciated or being pointed to a relevant guide – I lack the knowledge to know which guide to follow or where to find one.

Attachments

• 71797128_453143058878277_3439250248306786304_n.jpg
    71797128_453143058878277_3439250248306786304_n.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I've put together a system a year or so ago and it works great for MacOS. I've since decided to put Windows 7 Pro on there too and have both a DVD and a USB version of it, but run into the same issue whichever method I try to install it.

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-H270M-DS3H H270
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-7500 3.40 GHz
GRAPHICS: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC GAMING ACX 3.0 6GB
OS1: sierra 10.12.16 <<< on SSD
OS2: Windows 7 Professional SP1 <<< trying to install to HDD

I'll just list the procedure I'm trying:
  • Reboot into BIOS
  • Load 'Optimised Defaults' and save to MoBo
  • Reboot with DVD or USB in
  • Press F12 to select boot option
  • Choose DVD or USB
  • Windows starts the install process
  • I get to the screen where you can choose language and hit OK
  • Despite the fact that both USB and DVD seem to work (they both get to this point in the install when selected as the boot option!) I get a thing asking me for a device driver (see pic). I've download the USB device drivers for the MoBo and put them onto the Hard Drive which is sitting there waiting for windows to be installed - it can be read but despite appearing to find the drivers and do something with them, I get dialog box saying that no drivers could be found.
Does anyone have any clues about what I'm doing wrong here – I'm just not a Windows person and could do with some help.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with the USB options like "Legacy" etc. I've tried a few options but not found anything that works.

Any help appreciated or being pointed to a relevant guide – I lack the knowledge to know which guide to follow or where to find one.

Did you disconnect or disable your Sierra drive before attempting to install Windows 7? If not, please do so, and try again.

Windows 7 does not have the necessary USB drivers required to access the USB ports on a Kaby Lake motherboard like your H270. I checked and saw that your motherboard has a PS/2 port at the back. Do you have a PS/2 mouse that you can use?

Searching around the problem knowing about the USB issues with this mobo (thanks info!) lead us to finding a tool created by GIGABYTE to install drivers on USB boot installer.

There's a video about it here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back