Graphics
Powercolor R9 290x
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I install Yosemite on a different HDD, then upon booting to windows 7 which is installed on a differnt SSD after Windows log-on black screen will appear. but when i try to remove my HDD with the Yosemite Installed it Windows 7 works. So please help...

Yosemite - Installed on 3tb HDD
Windows 7 - Installed on 480SSD

PowerColor R9 290x - working but no audio

Last edited:
Disable secure boot in BIOS - Windows does not like hardware changes.

thank`s a lot!!! i will try it... if it doesnt work please help

i just tried it and same thing happend!:banghead::banghead: im using CLOVER for boot... what happend is after the windows logo disappear it turn black screen... FullSizeRender.jpg

i just tried it and same thing happend!:banghead::banghead: im using CLOVER for boot... what happend is after the windows logo disappear it turn black screen...

OK, try this.

In Clover config.plist under the boot args there is an entry

<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>

change it to this

<key>Legacy</key>
<string>LegacyBiosDefault</string>

then in BIOS set the OS X drive as first in BBS boot order and the Windows drive as second, save&exit,continue boot - select the Windows icon at Clover screen and see if that works for you.

Thanks for all your reply but when i tried to do this windows go to LAUNCH STARTUP REPAIR tool and i can`t even use my keyboard to choose START WINDOWS NORMALLY. after entering to launch startup windows would say they cant fix the issue then restart... but once i disconnect or make the windows SSD as the primary boot it works well its just that when i boot on clover this happend... BTW i even tried to do a fresh install of MAC Os....please helppp!!
IMG_0560.jpg

In BIOS - BIOS Features tab - Windows 8 Features - >Set to Other OS

thats what i did before installing yosemite i make sure it say other os.... thank you very much for your patience... i really apreciate it...

thats what i did before installing yosemite i make sure it say other os.... thank you very much for your patience... i really apreciate it...

Is Windows installed UEFI or legacy mode?
If UEFI, use Clover for boot loader, set OS to Windows WHQL and disable CSM support in BIOS.

windows was installed first and i think it uefi but on booting it will be legacy.. bec when i check it it say efi... and last thing after the kernel my screen just show a white stop sign..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back