Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 UD AX DDR5
CPU
i7 12700
Graphics
RX 6600
I have successfully installed Monterey on my new build with Alderlake and z690 Board with OpenCore 0.8.3.

I have got everything work on Monterey, this is my build link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...600-gigabyte-z690-ud-ax-monterey-12-4.321661/.

One strange issues Im facing is with Dual boot Windows 11 from OpenCore.

Hardwares:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 UD AX.
iGPU: Disabled
dGPU: Asus Dual AMD RX 6600.
Monitor: AOPEN 32HC1QUR connected in Display Port of AMD RX 6600.
Opencore Version: 0.8.3

I have two SSD, one for macOS and another one for Windows 11. In Opencore I can see both Windows and MacOS. When I select windows from opencore picker it shows loading screen with windows logo after that display goes to blank and getting no signal message on the screen, but in the background I can hear boot sound which play on login screen. I also verified by connecting a usb stick and I can hear sound when connect/disconnect usb stick. So Windows 11 boots and landing in login screen. But no output is send to monitor.

If I boot windows from BIOS boot menu I get display output from DP on dGPU and an login into windows and use it normally no issues on that. But the problem is only when booting Windows from OpenCore menu.

To confirm this issue, I enabled iGPU and connected HDMI cable from motherboard HDMI board to My monitor. And booted into opencore then selected Windows. Same loading screen appear with windows logo voila now my monitor changed to HDMI output and shows windows login screen, and I can login into windows and verified on my display options it only shows only one display connected on HDMI. No Display port connection is shown. Which confirms that windows is not detecting dGPU when booting from Opencore. Thats why it doesn't show any output only connected with DP on dGPU.

When I boot into Windows from BIOS Menu with both HDMI from motherboard and DP from dGPU I can see two monitor connected on Windows one is from HDMI and another from Display Port.

Attached is my latest EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.4 MB · Views: 67
I have successfully installed Monterey on my new build with Alderlake and z690 Board with OpenCore 0.8.3.

I have got everything work on Monterey, this is my build link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...600-gigabyte-z690-ud-ax-monterey-12-4.321661/.

One strange issues Im facing is with Dual boot Windows 11 from OpenCore.

Hardwares:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 UD AX.
iGPU: Disabled
dGPU: Asus Dual AMD RX 6600.
Monitor: AOPEN 32HC1QUR connected in Display Port of AMD RX 6600.
Opencore Version: 0.8.3

I have two SSD, one for macOS and another one for Windows 11. In Opencore I can see both Windows and MacOS. When I select windows from opencore picker it shows loading screen with windows logo after that display goes to blank and getting no signal message on the screen, but in the background I can hear boot sound which play on login screen. I also verified by connecting a usb stick and I can hear sound when connect/disconnect usb stick. So Windows 11 boots and landing in login screen. But no output is send to monitor.

If I boot windows from BIOS boot menu I get display output from DP on dGPU and an login into windows and use it normally no issues on that. But the problem is only when booting Windows from OpenCore menu.

To confirm this issue, I enabled iGPU and connected HDMI cable from motherboard HDMI board to My monitor. And booted into opencore then selected Windows. Same loading screen appear with windows logo voila now my monitor changed to HDMI output and shows windows login screen, and I can login into windows and verified on my display options it only shows only one display connected on HDMI. No Display port connection is shown. Which confirms that windows is not detecting dGPU when booting from Opencore. Thats why it doesn't show any output only connected with DP on dGPU.

When I boot into Windows from BIOS Menu with both HDMI from motherboard and DP from dGPU I can see two monitor connected on Windows one is from HDMI and another from Display Port.

Attached is my latest EFI.
I have moved your post to Multi Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back