Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
CPU
i7-2720QM
Graphics
HD 3000
Hi guys, I have Yosemite and Windows 7 in my 4530s. The question is: should I let windows do the update? Is everything going to be OK? Or maybe my 4530s will boot directly into windows skipping Clover? Any advice is wellcome.

Hi guys, I have Yosemite and Windows 7 in my 4530s. The question is: should I let windows do the update? Is everything going to be OK? Or maybe my 4530s will boot directly into windows skipping Clover? Any advice is wellcome.

I had Yosemite and Windows 8.1 on two partitions on a single SSD on my 4530s using Clover. I successfully (and easily) upgraded to Windows 10 today without affecting my Clover setup. Both OS X and Win 10 boot and work fine.

-bth

Thanks bthall for the information. We have almost the same 4530s.

I was wondering about that as well . I have two partitions , Yosemite and Windows 8.1 with clover setup.

So there is no issue if we upgrade or new installation of windows 10 ?

I remember sometimes when windows updated , I had to boot from usb to change bootefi64 file to a different name .

I was wondering about that as well . I have two partitions , Yosemite and Windows 8.1 with clover setup.

So there is no issue if we upgrade or new installation of windows 10 ?

I remember sometimes when windows updated , I had to boot from usb to change bootefi64 file to a different name .

With Windows updates, always the possibility that bootmgfw.efi gets updated.

Procedure:
- remove (old) /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw-orig.efi
- rename /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi

It worked great . Now I can dual boot windows 10 and Yosemite.

I've noticed that boot time in windows 10 takes too long. It seems fast boot is disabled . It is ok if I enable it or it could cause problems to the Yosemite partition ?

It worked great . Now I can dual boot windows 10 and Yosemite.

I've noticed that boot time in windows 10 takes too long. It seems fast boot is disabled . It is ok if I enable it or it could cause problems to the Yosemite partition ?

I don't have problems with fast boot in Windows at all.

I don't have problems with fast boot in Windows at all.

Thanks for the info , i always though that hybrid shutdown in windows could write files to the yosemite partition therefore i had it disabled .

Now that i enabled it there is massive difference in boot time in windows.

I just did it the update and everything went well. As Rehabman predicted, bootmgfw.efi got updated. So I deleted the old file and changed the name of the new file as indicated by Rehabman. Thanks for the info.

I just did it the update and everything went well. As Rehabman predicted, bootmgfw.efi got updated. So I deleted the old file and changed the name of the new file as indicated by Rehabman. Thanks for the info.

where can i find this path (/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw-orig.efi) ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back