GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For brevity I won't list every method i have tired but it does get creative!

All to no avail.
I cannot get a windows 10 USB that will boot.

I am trying to install windows 10 onto a separate SSD

The three main problems I've had, 'insert proper media' (I felt like inserting a punch to the mobo every time that comes up!)

Recovery your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

Error code 0Xc000000e

varios options at the bottom none of which do anything different. it just sits here indefinitely.

the furthest I got into installing was with a usb formatted to master boot record FAT32 and that got a little way into the install then failed.

SO:
problems, I don't have a disk drive ... I have hundreds around my house but no cables to hook them up, and it's a sunday my last day of holiday and i want to have this done D: (After trying for nearly a week)

I have tried making bootable usb's in the following ways almost all on two computers with two different downloads of the ISO ... also with two different USB sticks ... as you can see I have exhausted these possibilities :p
unebootin
sudo dd terminal (various variations of)
using daemontools to fake having a disk drive and trying to get bootcamp to install it.
etcher
converting the iso into a dmg and doing something with that (which i've forgotten now)

the way I see it:
the furthest I have got is with using a master boot partition, but that means it will not play nice with clover? Because the disk must have a GUID partition for UEFI?
is there a way to legacy install then convert to UEFI?

i shall give that a shot thanks... though I am currently battling other problems!

thank you as always!

it is done .... the deed has been done....

many hours of gaming and some alcohol later I am finished .... ZZZZZ

thank yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back