Contribute
Register

Windows 10 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you use to create the USB? Best to use the Windows 7 download tool for this. I had absolutely no problems creating the USB and installing with it using this tool.

My solution was disconnect the others 3 HD on my system and is ok !!!
Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro - Success
:thumbup:

My solution was disconnect the others 3 HD on my system and is ok !!!
Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro - Success
:thumbup:

You don't need to disconnect physically the HDDs on your system. Just disable them in BIOS.

I've done an upgrade in Parallels over windows 8.1 does this mean i can use the Product key from that to do a clean install?

I don't know about parallels however yes, you can use the product key after you performed the upgrade to do a clean install. As already mentioned, just retrieve it with ProduKey.

I was doing an in-place upgrade from 8.1 and getting error code 80073BC3-20009. It would restart into Windows 10 setup, the loading circle would flash for a second, then it would immediately restart back into 8.1 and inform me of the error code.

All I had to do was shut down, disconnect my OS X / Chimera SSD, then boot back into Windows 8.1 and try the install again. Worked swimmingly! Afterwards, I shut down and connected the OS X drive back up and everything worked fine. Just had to readjust my Chimera drive name / hiding options to account for the new Windows install on the boot choice screen.

Hope this info helps someone! :D

I just installed Win 10 from the official iso from Microsoft and I have to say I'm really impressed
with the new Windows ! That redesigned square trash can is so much better than the old one.

Seriously though, it does look to be a major improvement on 8.1 and is something I'm considering
upgrading my Win 7 machine to. Good work Microsoft. There is still hope.

Upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday on my Windows 7 drive. It's a massive improvement from 8. I'm pretty impressed. Microsoft Edge is fast. Considering moving the installation over to an SSD. I very rarely use Windows at all now, generally just to update firmware that isn't available in OS X for some of the hardware I use.

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (upgrade, not clean install) and everything worked flawlessly out of the box. Chameleon successfully detected and booted both Yosemite and Windows 10. I've been using it that way without any problems since Windows 10 was released, but then just today I did a clean install of Windows 10. As far as Windows is concerned the install was successful (if I boot to that drive from BIOS it works just fine), but for some reason after a clean install Chameleon does not detect Windows 10's boot partition.

Yosemite and Windows 10 are installed on two separate SSDs:
Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 1.43.51 PM.png

Chameleon only shows disk0s2 (working fine) and disk1s4 (not working) as boot options. In the Chameleon plist I do not have any partitions hidden or renamed. Any ideas on ways to make Chameleon boot Windows from disk1s3 rather than disk1s4?

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (upgrade, not clean install) and everything worked flawlessly out of the box. Chameleon successfully detected and booted both Yosemite and Windows 10. I've been using it that way without any problems since Windows 10 was released, but then just today I did a clean install of Windows 10. As far as Windows is concerned the install was successful (if I boot to that drive from BIOS it works just fine), but for some reason after a clean install Chameleon does not detect Windows 10's boot partition.

Yosemite and Windows 10 are installed on two separate SSDs:
View attachment 148760

Chameleon only shows disk0s2 (working fine) and disk1s4 (not working) as boot options. In the Chameleon plist I do not have any partitions hidden or renamed. Any ideas on ways to make Chameleon boot Windows from disk1s3 rather than disk1s4?

You probably installed Windows UEFI. Chameleon cannot boot Windows UEFI. You need to use Clover for that.

You probably installed Windows UEFI. Chameleon cannot boot Windows UEFI. You need to use Clover for that.

Setting BIOS to "Legacy Only" and reinstalling Windows again fixed it and I'm up and running again. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back