Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z370-i
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Some background. I was able to easily boot and install the windows USB when I assembled this pc 2 weeks ago, but I decided to wipe the SSD and install macOS first using pastrychef's guide. I have the basic macOS install up and running, but when I try to boot from the windows USB UEFI partition, the drive does not boot. The screen flickers for a moment, and it boots into the internal UEFI (which brings up the clover UI) - in that UI, there are 4 drives, all related to the macOS install. The USB for windows installer does not appear here.

I don't care if clover manages the booting of my windows partition or not (I'm happy to manually press f8 whenever booting into windows if that makes things simpler) but I so far after lots of googling and hunting these forums, I have only found one person with a similar issue, and it has not been solved yet.

Anybody have ideas?

- Also, I am attempting to boot both OS's on the same SSD, and I know that has its challenges, but I can't even get to the installer yet.

Are you attempting to install on same drive or separate?

How did you create the Windows USB and were you able to boot in UEFI the first time?

I don't remember how I was doing it before, but more recently, I used the boot camp helper to create my bootable drive, and that seemed to work. I'm now dual booted via clover, running like a dream. Sorry I took so long to get back here, it was quiet for a while, so I assumed I wasn't getting a response and stopped watching this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back