Contribute
Register

Windows 10 Crashing When Multibooting With Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97-D3h
CPU
Intel i7 4790K
Graphics
Nvidia 580GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys. Please be gentle. I've never needed to post before but this issue has me stumped.

I've built a new dual boot system with El Captain and Windows 10 both installed on separate SSD's. I did both installs with only a single SSD connected so everything was as clean as possible. The OSX system is booting great with no issues. Windows 10 however crashes if I try to boot it from the clover installation on the OSX SSD. If I use my Bios boot menu and select the Win10 SSD in boots straight in no issues. I've checked the Windows install and its definitely UEFI and the disk is GUID as per all the recommendations. Clover picks up the windows EFI partition with its scan and I can select it. Windows does start to boot and I see the spinning balls at the bottom of my screen but when you would normally expect the windows lock screen to appear the system freezes and the video signal to my monitor cuts out.

I've tried all of the recommended fixes I can find but nothing has worked. My issue seems to be a little different to others in that windows actually starts to boot. My gut is telling me it could be graphics related but that really is just a guess. Does anybody have any ideas? Its been driving me potty for over a week now.

Hi Guys. Please be gentle. I've never needed to post before but this issue has me stumped.

I've built a new dual boot system with El Captain and Windows 10 both installed on separate SSD's. I did both installs with only a single SSD connected so everything was as clean as possible. The OSX system is booting great with no issues. Windows 10 however crashes if I try to boot it from the clover installation on the OSX SSD. If I use my Bios boot menu and select the Win10 SSD in boots straight in no issues. I've checked the Windows install and its definitely UEFI and the disk is GUID as per all the recommendations. Clover picks up the windows EFI partition with its scan and I can select it. Windows does start to boot and I see the spinning balls at the bottom of my screen but when you would normally expect the windows lock screen to appear the system freezes and the video signal to my monitor cuts out.

I've tried all of the recommended fixes I can find but nothing has worked. My issue seems to be a little different to others in that windows actually starts to boot. My gut is telling me it could be graphics related but that really is just a guess. Does anybody have any ideas? Its been driving me potty for over a week now.

Have you disabled CSM?

I was having the same problem described above. In my case I disabled Legacy Roms from my Q87 Express Bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back