Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
laptop motherboard
CPU
i7
Graphics
mx 150
Hello everyone :) Thanks to the time you'll be according to my problem.

I have installed OpenCore on my Asus UX430UN following this tutorial https://github.com/hieplpvip/Asus-Zenbook-Hackintosh/blob/master/docs/installation.md .

Now, i want to install windows 10 to play World Of Warcraft with my graphics card which is not compatible with my hackintosh.
I want to install windows 10 on external SSD to have a clean install without breaking my hackintosh. Is it possible ? It is worth for gaming (WoW) on external SSD with Type-C/USB.3.0

Thank you all and best wishes for the festive season !

Limitations of data transfer via USB make playing games a slow proposition. You will probably not be able to score high or win at all.
Also, it is doubtful that the Asus BIOS/UEFI will allow you to boot from an external USB drive.

If you want to try it you can download a Win10 installation ISO and use Rufus to create a "Windows-to-go" USB drive. There are several sites that have instructions to do this if you google for them.
If you do not want to use Rufus, there are a few paid-for (usually USD$30 to USD$50) apps that you can try - or, if you are hands on savvy with the command line, there are methods to create one via the command app (same as Mac Terminal app) in Win10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back