Motherboard
HP 8770w QM77 Motherboard
CPU
i7-3840q
Graphics
K5100m
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a High Sierra (Probably finally upgrading to Catalina soon but that's another story) Ubuntu, Windows 10 Triple boot. Ubuntu and High Sierra boot fine from Clover. Windows 10 gives me the attached error screen. If I hit the escape button from that blue screen I then get a dos like screen with choices. If I select enter twice I arrive at another clover screen with many more choices. One of those will then boot Windows 10. I've put up with this a long time but I'd *really* like to be able to just simply boot Windows like I can High Sierra and Ubuntu. I haven't seen or heard of this so I thought I'd ask here, I hope someone can nudge me in the right direction.

boot.png

Following up on this. I went ahead and moved Windows 10 disk to space 1 (the laptop has two HDD/SSD slots) and windows 10 boots fine. Since there is no way to make the UEFI boot use slot 2 I also moved my clover install to the Window 10 SSD's EFI partition. This boots Windows and Ubuntu fine but MacOS no longer shows up as a boot option. I tried adding a custom boot option in clover........... but the new boot option does not show up either. I have Apfs.efi loading and this apple boot option shows up fine using the disk MacOS is loaded on. At this point I don't know what else to try. Any thoughts?

I managed to solve it on my own (amidst all the crickets here) by adding a 5 second pause to the boot process in the bios. HP laptops can be really weird but I wanted to be sure and add this in case anyone else is using a (still) capable 8770w. I guess I'll upgrade High Sierra to Catalina (I know it will work) as I like being current but have zero interest in Big Sur until Tim Apple and company correct the unstoppable built in spying .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back