RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All,

I am very new to Hackintosh. I have just finished my first build and have successfully loaded Big Sur.....I am now getting a window server crash that shows my boot args as the issue....I think. This is my first build and I am on a steep learning curve, any and all help would be great! If any one has any idea as to whats going on or how to fix the issue that would be great!

This is an Open Core build, latest version was used, 0.8.3

I have attached a screen shot of the log.

Attachments

2.2 MB · Views: 93
Hello All,

I am very new to Hackintosh. I have just finished my first build and have successfully loaded Big Sur.....I am now getting a window server crash that shows my boot args as the issue....I think. This is my first build and I am on a steep learning curve, any and all help would be great! If any one has any idea as to whats going on or how to fix the issue that would be great!

This is an Open Core build, latest version was used, 0.8.3

I have attached a screen shot of the log.

Hi there.

Your best option is to use the "verbose" boot mode. This gives a scrolling screen of data as the boot proceeds and stops at the point, or shortly after, that the crash occurs. It will give us an indication of what is going on.

To enter this mode, press the CMD + V keys at the OpenCore boot menu. If it doesn't work add the "-v" boot command to the NVRAM section of your config.plist after the other boot commands etc.

Take a photo of the screen and attach it to your next post.

I am now getting a window server crash that shows my boot args as the issue
I don't see anything to suggest that your boot arguments are the cause of your problem, it looks like misconfigured graphics to me.

Hi there,

I think it would be worth looking into checking if you have these settings in your config.plist:

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 8.40.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 8.37.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 8.38.29 PM.png

NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > keepsyms=1 dk.e1000=0 -wegbeta agdpmod=pikera
-no_compat_check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back