Contribute
Register

Window 7 clock always show incorrect time in Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97S SLI Krait Edition, El Capitan
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX980
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have been having issue with the clock time. Each time i set it in windows , shutdown and booted up onto Mac and when i go back to windows the time always changes.
I have tried numerous time changing it back to actual but it keeps messing up my windows time.
I noticed if I unplug the Mac SSD and just run window 7, the time is correct.
Is it Chimera or it is some setting in Mountain Lion that is causing it.
BTW , my ML date is set to automatic and is showing correct time but not windows 7.

Any idea what is causing this ? Anyone ? Please help ?

Thank You.

I had this problem too.
OSX uses UTC time, but Windows doesn't. I think this issue comes up sometimes for people running boot camp on a retail Mac.
You can do a registry edit and switch Windows to UTC time. Here's a link to a post on CRASHMAG.net (http://crashmag.net/configuring-windows-7-support-for-utc-bios-time)

From Windows 7 Desktop:

• Start the Registry Editor (regedit)
  • Traverse the following path, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation
  • Create a dword named RealTimeIsUniversal and set the value to 1
  • Restart your computer

Hope this fixes the time issue for you too.

Awesome ! That worked, thank you :)

Incase you were wondering, UTC is also used by Linux, and Many distrobutions have the option to turn on/off UTC. Grr windows! ;)

Thank you very much! I've been trying to remember how to fix this ever since I set up dual boot on my Hack Pro :)

I had this problem too.
OSX uses UTC time, but Windows doesn't. I think this issue comes up sometimes for people running boot camp on a retail Mac.
You can do a registry edit and switch Windows to UTC time. Here's a link to a post on CRASHMAG.net (http://crashmag.net/configuring-windows-7-support-for-utc-bios-time)

From Windows 7 Desktop:

• Traverse the following path, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation
  • Restart your computer

Ermm my time was getting set 5 hours forward in Windows. I found this ^ method somewhere and tried it....now it's 5 hours behind. What am I doing wrong?

I had this problem too.

From Windows 7 Desktop:

• Restart your computer

Thank you for the help. This was driving me crazy!

Ermm my time was getting set 5 hours forward in Windows. I found this ^ method somewhere and tried it....now it's 5 hours behind. What am I doing wrong?

I made the registry change:

• Traverse the following path, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\TimeZoneInformation
  • Restart your computer
and W7 is now always 5 hours behind on reboot. FYI, I'm using dual boot, two hard drive system. If I change the priority (in BIOS) so it boots from the W7 hard drive first (and you never get to the Chimera bootloader), the clock is still 5 hours behind upon reboot.

FYI, my BIOS clock is correct.

So does anyone have a fix?

i just tested this registry hack on Windows 8.1 and it's working.

what i did was configure the system clock on OSX and then restarted the computer. booted on windows 8.1 and without touching the clock on windows, applied the registry hack. rebooted the computer and the windows clocks is now displaying the right system time and date.

thanks! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back