i7
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I run an Intel NUC 8i7 Hackintosh with dual boot macOS Catalina and Win10.
It's fitted into the Akasa Turing passive case - this is effectively one big heatsink and no fans.
Running macOS its about 37deg C general use and 78-83deg flat out compressing mp4 in Handbrake.
Running Win10 its about 60deg C general use and 97-100deg C flat out in Handbrake with the CPU throttling back the clock speed.
This is NOT a monitoring problem as the case is very warm in macOS and too hot to touch in Win10 (100% CPU) - General use it's hardly warm in macOS and quite warm Win10 (<8% CPU)

This is a fresh install of both OS's so I'm confident there's nothing else running in background (malware).

Has anyone else seen this happen on dual boot systems ??

Can anyone suggest why??

BTW:- Handbrake is quicker under macOS as the CPU isn't been throttled back.

Hi, I am running the same NUC as you and as a newb must be doing something wrong. I have followed every guide out there as far as making the bootable USB. When I start the NUC from the usb it does the whole loading screen with the apple but hangs forever at 100%. Any help would be appreciated.

I’ll have a look at my install USB config plist and send you a copy when I get home at the weekend. ‍

Awesome, thank you so much!

Okay - here we go.
First off - please remember I am NOT an expert at this, and I struggled to get mine working too. I also started with macOS Mojave (later updated to Catalina via Mac update). Having said that- it now works very well indeed! I also panicked about the BIOS version (don't).

I'm assuming that you've read most of the guides both on this site and elsewhere so are familiar with the process using CLOVER. I found the guide here (link) very helpful (I note it has been updated - I didn't use any of the downloads in this guide). But as this guide says in the BIOS settings you *must* enable legacy boot (continue to boot UEFI, but enable legacy for CSM).

I used CLOVER 5100 and the main problem I found is getting the drivers and kexts correct.

This is my setup:-

EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI should have these in:-
ApfsDriverLoader.efi
AptioInputFix.efi
AudioDxe.efi
DataHubDxe.efi
EmuVariableUefi.efi
FSInject.efi
FwRuntimeServices.efi
HFSPlus.efi
NvmExpressDxe.efi
OcQuirks.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
SMCHelper.efi

EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI needs:-
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi

And in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other you need:-
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Finally I've attached my installation config.plist to put into your EFI/CLOVER folder on the USB memory-stick.

With all this set up you should be able to boot and install from the USB and get into a working MacOS !

Finally you need to follow the guide instructions to install CLOVER onto your SSD / HD and copy the Post Install config.plist (attached) into your SSD/HD EFI/CLOVER folder (renaming it to just config.plist of course).

I found the Clover Configurator to be quite helpful in checking my setup and getting the files in the right places: plus, since I've ditched Win10 completely, I used it to set a 0 timeout on Clover and now it boots straight into MacOS.

Best of luck and post here to let me know how you get on.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Post Install config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 110
Thank you! I will be taking another crack at it this weekend hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back