i5-6500
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello to all.

I'm using my hackintosh with OS Mojave on clover bootloader, and i'm trying to get windows 10 work properly with no tricks.
i've heard about some problems with multi booting macos and windows with the clover boot...with windows erasing some data after some updates.

my question is, can I install windows on a hot swapable ssd...making this ssd the primary boot option (even before clover bootloader)? So, when i want to go to windows, i can just get the win ssd in and the motherboard will assume as a normal windows pc.
when the windows ssd is not at the "docking station", the pcwill assume the 2nd boot option disk....in this case, the macos ssd with the clover bootloader.

Hello to all.

I'm using my hackintosh with OS Mojave on clover bootloader, and i'm trying to get windows 10 work properly with no tricks.
i've heard about some problems with multi booting macos and windows with the clover boot...with windows erasing some data after some updates.

my question is, can I install windows on a hot swapable ssd...making this ssd the primary boot option (even before clover bootloader)? So, when i want to go to windows, i can just get the win ssd in and the motherboard will assume as a normal windows pc.
when the windows ssd is not at the "docking station", the pcwill assume the 2nd boot option disk....in this case, the macos ssd with the clover bootloader.
I use one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00856XFUS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If you connect the SATA cable of the drive bay you use for Win10 to the lowest numbered SATA port on the MB and select this drive as default first in BBS boot order this should put the Win10 drive as first to boot any time it is inserted in the tray and the system is booted. Make the Mac OS drive second in BBS boot order and it will boot by default if there is no drive in the tray.

I use one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00856XFUS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If you connect the SATA cable of the drive bay you use for Win10 to the lowest numbered SATA port on the MB and select this drive as default first in BBS boot order this should put the Win10 drive as first to boot any time it is inserted in the tray and the system is booted. Make the Mac OS drive second in BBS boot order and it will boot by default if there is no drive in the tray.

Yes!!!
This is what I was talking about! This tray on the dvd-rom insert.

Will it mess with the clover bootloader??

Thanks

Yes!!!
This is what I was talking about! This tray on the dvd-rom insert.

Will it mess with the clover bootloader??

Thanks
No, it does not. I use one of these myself and swap drives when I want to use Win10. When running Mac OS the Win 10 drive is not in the system and when running Win 10 the Mac OS is not in the system. Granted, this will not work if you are using NVME drives, but you can still set the UEFI/BIOS up to default to the drive you use most often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back