Contribute
Register

Win 10 stopped booting after a month (dual boot with separate ssd's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS VIII GENE
CPU
I7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 970
Hello! Im sorry if it's already solved here and would be very happy if you help with a link to the solution :)

Kinda new to hackintosh. Before installation I detached other drives (ntfs hdd's and ssd with win 10). Installed hackintosh using this guide
My specs:
i7-6700k
gtx 970
asus gene viii z170
kingston hyperX 8gb
evo plus 970 500gb (hackintosh)
evo 850 200gb (windows)
4 hdd's with ntfs with files (just a junk drives)

Installation went smooth and I plugged back drives after installation completed. From then I'm booting to mac os using clover (by choosing UEFI option) and to windows using Windows Boot Manager by pressing F8 when computer just start loading. Today I got bsod in win named CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and stuck on loading into win (it's booting recovery screen). After several tries with /sfc and /chkdsk (they are returning successful message every time) I found a post where man fixed a problem by reinstalling boot partition using /bcedit. And I wonder if it is okay with hackintosh or may cause a problems to clover? Or maybe there is a way to reinstall bcd by using Clover Configurator?
In case it's important: srtTrail.txt says "root cause found: a hard disk not be found" after auto-fixing. But hackintosh working fine and I can even view a drive with windows from finder. Thank you!

When you start getting that kind of error messages it is time to wipe the drive and install from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back