Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone,

So I attempted to dual-boot my Hackintosh today (GA-Z77-D3H, Ivy i5, single HDD) and I can no longer boot to chimera. It automatically boots to Windows. I have read around and apparently it has something to do with UEFI, but I had my BIOS set to UEFI + Legacy. When I use iBoot Ivy to try to force my way into OSX, I get KP's even with the correct bootflags that worked when first installing (PCIRootUID=1 -x). Is there a different way to boot into OSX, possibly using a different bootloader, and thereby deleting the Win 10 partition before trying it again the right way?

Additional details:
Running OS X 10.10.5 with Chimera 4.1
i5 3570K Ivy Bridge
GA-Z77-D3H Mobo
Single 1TB HDD

Thank you!

Hey everyone,

So I attempted to dual-boot my Hackintosh today (GA-Z77-D3H, Ivy i5, single HDD) and I can no longer boot to chimera. It automatically boots to Windows. I have read around and apparently it has something to do with UEFI, but I had my BIOS set to UEFI + Legacy. When I use iBoot Ivy to try to force my way into OSX, I get KP's even with the correct bootflags that worked when first installing (PCIRootUID=1 -x). Is there a different way to boot into OSX, possibly using a different bootloader, and thereby deleting the Win 10 partition before trying it again the right way?

Additional details:
Running OS X 10.10.5 with Chimera 4.1
i5 3570K Ivy Bridge
GA-Z77-D3H Mobo
Single 1TB HDD

Thank you!
List steps you took to install the first time.
Same drive or separate drives?
Did you use a guide? Link to guide?
Did you need any special boot-args to get installed?

BTW, iBoot Ivy is for booting OS X 10.6.0/10.6.3 and will not work booting later versions of OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back