Contribute
Register

will updating chipset drivers in windows 10 affect my Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X79-UP4
CPU
i7-3930
Graphics
WX4100
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
just added windows 10 to my mac open core build - worried about it wanting to update chipset drivers......Is this a concern?

They affect drivers in Windows only.

@Bustycat

Thank you for your help - theres a ton of optional updates im unsure about.....

@Bustycat

Thank you for your help - theres a ton of optional updates im unsure about.....
I wouldn’t select the optional updates unless the installed drivers are broken.

I wouldn’t select the optional updates unless the installed drivers are broken.
thanks for the advice - im a total newbie with windows...the only issue I can spot right now is with realtek892 not seeing the connected speakers via analog out (green)...ever come across that? loads of "fixes" online , so far none working. tried loads of drivers...

thanks for the advice - im a total newbie with windows...the only issue I can spot right now is with realtek892 not seeing the connected speakers via analog out (green)...ever come across that? loads of "fixes" online , so far none working. tried loads of drivers...
If possible unplug or disconnect your Hackintosh drive before updating the windows drive. They often run updates in the EFI boot partition(s).

If possible unplug or disconnect your Hackintosh drive before updating the windows drive. They often run updates in the EFI boot partition(s).
Hi @Gigamaxx -ooh - that would be bad news - my Hackintosh drive is built in to a pcie card. I uninstalled it during windows creation as I did every drive that isnt windows related.

on another note - I just recently followed your helpful custom ALC kext guide on another thread to do with the hackintosh side of this build - ALC892 is still being problematic ......in case you want to look its here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/help-with-understanding-a-bootlog.309517/page-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back