Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Hi guys. I have a question, if using time machine, everything will back and work well like new install? I mean dont need re-install kexts, clover ... again ? :p

Hi guys. I have a question, if using time machine, everything will back and work well like new install? I mean dont need re-install kexts, clover ... again ? :p

TM will not backup the EFI partition.

But other than that TM works as you would expect.

Of course, any backup/restore strategy should be tested.

I use Time Machine since 10.9, perfectly with no problem.

But like RehabMan said, only the OS X drive is backed up, while the EFI partition containing Clover and kexts are not backed up.

Time Machine will help you fix problem if only OS X drive is messed up. If EFI partition is corrupted, you can run PBI CE again.

TM will not backup the EFI partition.

But other than that TM works as you would expect.

Of course, any backup/restore strategy should be tested.
Thanks coz quick anwer bro. Sorry, my english not good.
Did u mean, if I do something like delete files, or edit something make operation system stop working, TM will bring OS back as i wish ?
No body response about using TM before?

Thanks coz quick anwer bro. Sorry, my english not good.
Did u mean, if I do something like delete files, or edit something make operation system stop working, TM will bring OS back as i wish ?

It can be used to restore your entire system volume to a previous point in time.

No body response about using TM before?

It works as designed, so what do you expect to hear?

It can be used to restore your entire system volume to a previous point in time.

It works as designed, so what do you expect to hear?
I just want sure OS will works back without re-install kexts or something else, of course if only OS drive is messed up.
Use TM, select one point, sit back and wait for TM working, then i can continue my work, is that right ?

I just want sure OS will works back without re-install kexts or something else, of course if only OS drive is messed up.

All except EFI partition (which plays an important role in hackintosh) can be backed up and restored with TM.

Use TM, select one point, sit back and wait for TM working, then i can continue my work, is that right ?

Like I said, any backup/restore plan should be tested prior to the point at which you need it.

All except EFI partition (which plays an important role in hackintosh) can be backed up and restored with TM.

Like I said, any backup/restore plan should be tested prior to the point at which you need it.
Thank you very much for your support, RehabMan :thumbup:

I use Time Machine since 10.9, perfectly with no problem.

But like RehabMan said, only the OS X drive is backed up, while the EFI partition containing Clover and kexts are not backed up.

Time Machine will help you fix problem if only OS X drive is messed up. If EFI partition is corrupted, you can run PBI CE again.
Hi bro, How to enter Recovery Partiton from Clover boot ?

Hi bro, How to enter Recovery Partiton from Clover boot ?

If you created a recovery partition during installation (depends on 2a or 2b method) it is available as a boot option in Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back