Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
CPU - Intel I5 Sandy Bridge 2400 3.10 GHz
No GPU using the HDMI input to connect to monitor
Ram- GSkill 2GB x 2
power supply- Antec 600w
dvd/cd drive - Samsung DVD drive
Windows 7 on a partitioned 2 TB hard drive( 900 GB for windows 7 and 900 formatted to fat 32 for the snow leopard I want to install)

I have everything I need it's just that I can't get iboot to load off cd or DVD. I noticed that neither my hard drive or cd/DVD drive appear when I change settings from IDE to ACHI ( The hard drive is a SATA drive). Any suggestions on what to do? I want to install snow leopard.

Hi InsaneAir,

Motherboard and CPU will be fine for Snow Leopard

Ram- GSkill 2GB x 2
power supply- Antec 600w

Good so far

Samsung drives are problematic with OSX. Lite-On iHAS124-04 or Sony 5280S work (the Sony is now discontinued - but do a search, you might be able to get one. Some Pioneers and LG's also work. Set up the Bios using the settings below. If the Samsung drive still does not work, then you will need to replace it for OSX.

Windows 7 on a partitioned 2 TB hard drive( 900 GB for windows 7 and 900 formatted to fat 32 for the snow leopard I want to install)

FAT32 for OSX - doesn't work - see instructions : http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html
Partition your hard drive to GUID Partition Table
Format your hard drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). NOTE: The bootloader can only boot from a disk or partition of 1 TB or less.

I have everything I need it's just that I can't get iboot to load off cd or DVD. I noticed that neither my hard drive or cd/DVD drive appear when I change settings from IDE to ACHI. Any suggestions on what to do? I want to install snow leopard.

Try these settings in the Bios:

- IDE to AHCI
- Profile 1
- CPU features Enabled
- EHCI Hand-Off Enabled
- Init. PCI First
- Marvell GSata Controller Disabled
- Super IO Chip Disabled
- Intel Virt. Tech Enabled

Use the search facility at the top right of your screen(input your motherboard model number) to see a list of other peoples builds and read - there is loads of good advice on the forums from successful builds.

Good Luck

Hi InsaneAir,

Ram- GSkill 2GB x 2
power supply- Antec 600w

Good so far

Samsung drives are problematic with OSX. Lite-On iHAS124-04 or Sony 5280S work (the Sony is now discontinued - but do a search, you might be able to get one. Some Pioneers and LG's also work. Set up the Bios using the settings below. If the Samsung drive still does not work, then you will need to replace it for OSX.

FAT32 for OSX - doesn't work - see instructions : http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html
Format your hard drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). NOTE: The bootloader can only boot from a disk or partition of 1 TB or less.

I have everything I need it's just that I can't get iboot to load off cd or DVD. I noticed that neither my hard drive or cd/DVD drive appear when I change settings from IDE to ACHI. Any suggestions on what to do? I want to install snow leopard.

- IDE to AHCI
- Profile 1
- CPU features Enabled
- EHCI Hand-Off Enabled
- Init. PCI First
- Super IO Chip Disabled

Use the search facility at the top right of your screen(input your motherboard model number) to see a list of other peoples builds and read - there is loads of good advice on the forums from successful builds.

Good Luck

I don't get what you mean by "Profile 1" or any of the other settings. I can't seem to find them on the Bios

Also I found out that I have a Samsung Blu-Ray drive I tried it out and didn't work it disappeared when I set the settings to AHCI as well as my hard drive. When I put boot cd/DVD drive first it doesn't sound like the drive is loading the cd or anything. I don't know what to do. What would happen of I just left it IDE ?

My understanding is that this board should be updated to UEFI bios - you can use the search facility at the top right of this page to do some more research. Please follow any bios update sequence VERY carefully.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3910#bios

Have a look around the site and make notes before going ahead with your build. Many others have used this board, so the information will be there.

Adrian B

Well I read through it and found out how to update the bios to uefi. But the thing is on the gigabyte website to download the uefi it says NOTE: you need to remove smart6, dynamic energy saver, touch bios and some other ones. Should I remove them? If so how? If not do I just update the bios without touching anything ?

Hi InsaneAir,

Ram- GSkill 2GB x 2
power supply- Antec 600w

Good so far

- IDE to AHCI
- Profile 1
- CPU features Enabled
- EHCI Hand-Off Enabled
- Init. PCI First
- Super IO Chip Disabled

Good Luck

Ok so I updated my bios to UEFI but I still can't find profile 1, CPU features enabled, Init Pci first, and intel Virt. Tech

Ok so I managed to install snow leopard on my hard drive but the only thing I got to use to connect to Ethernet is a wireless USB adapter. But the computer doesn't detect it. Also when I try to open the cd/DVD drive I can't. I have to press eject on the screen to get it open. What did I do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back