CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I had crazy issues trying to install High Sierra, so I decided to try Mojave.

Got Mojave installed. Got to the desktop and ran Multibeast, selected my options and “built” it.

After i rebooted it, I lost display. During the screen with the apple logo and the loading bar underneath, it gets to about 3/4 full and then I lose display.

I wanted to check out my config.plist via Clover Configurator to check settings, but since I can’t get to the desktop to try it, I basically hit a brick wall.

I thought of this crazy idea, so tell me if this will work:

If I take out the SSD out of my case, pop it into a usb enclosure and plug that into my Mac mini, will it show up for me to look at the config.plist?

If so, could I also (while I’m in there) just “drag and drop” other kext files or updated kext files into their respective folder(s)? Example: clover/kext/other

I thought I had read somewhere on these forums that you can’t “drag and drop” them as they have to be “installed” with something like KextBeast ...I think that was the name of the software.

Thanks for any replies! I’m still new to this and want this bad boy up and running smooth!!

-Sin

So, I had crazy issues trying to install High Sierra, so I decided to try Mojave.

Got Mojave installed. Got to the desktop and ran Multibeast, selected my options and “built” it.

After i rebooted it, I lost display. During the screen with the apple logo and the loading bar underneath, it gets to about 3/4 full and then I lose display.

I wanted to check out my config.plist via Clover Configurator to check settings, but since I can’t get to the desktop to try it, I basically hit a brick wall.

I thought of this crazy idea, so tell me if this will work:

If I take out the SSD out of my case, pop it into a usb enclosure and plug that into my Mac mini, will it show up for me to look at the config.plist?

If so, could I also (while I’m in there) just “drag and drop” other kext files or updated kext files into their respective folder(s)? Example: clover/kext/other

I thought I had read somewhere on these forums that you can’t “drag and drop” them as they have to be “installed” with something like KextBeast ...I think that was the name of the software.

Thanks for any replies! I’m still new to this and want this bad boy up and running smooth!!

-Sin

Hi there.

Yes, you can put the SSD in an external enclosure and plug it in to your Mac Mini. Then you can edit your config.plist with Clover Configurator or even TextEdit.

As for installing kexts - yes you can just drag-n-drop kexts into the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder. For any other location on your Mac disk, you do need to install them properly, either with a utility like KextBeast which does the work automatically, or with Terminal, manually.

:)

Excellent!

Now, I just have to figure out if there’s any files that are “must install to work” that I never did.

Can anyone confirm of any files that MUST be installed?

-Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back