Graphics
None
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone. I am wondering if this build will work and if it will be able to get future updates.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3(R2.0) or GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3

Processor: Intel Core i3-3220

Graphics: XFX HD-677X-ZNFC or XFX HD-677X-ZNLC

I am willing to go with other recommended parts. I chose the motherboards based off the DSDT database. Thanks! Keep in mind this is my first build.

It would be better to choose a Sandy Bridge processor and an other graphics card. Latter is not supported.

Why should I use sandy and a different graphics card? What cards should I use?

Please help.

Why should I use sandy and a different graphics card? What cards should I use?

Your main board choices are based on Intel 6-series chipsets and will support either Sandy Bridge (Core i 2nd generation) or Ivy Bridge (Core i 3rd generation) CPUs. For hackintosh purposes, it is better (but not mandatory) to match Sandy Bridge CPUs with 6-series chipsets and Ivy Bridge CPUs with 7-series chipsets (sometimes the first number in several manufacturers board designations, e.g., GA-H61N-xxx (6-series) or GA-Z77X-yyy (7-series)).

Unless you are big into gaming or heavy video editing, you could use the on-CPU Intel HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge) or HD 4000 (Ivy Bridge) graphics. Otherwise, go to the Customac guide and pick one of those cards.

Sandy Bridge/6-series: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/11/building-sandy-bridge-customac-buyers.html
Ivy Bridge/7-series: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac

For your first build, you might want to start with an Ivy Bridge/7-series combination. They are generally easier to get working for a newbie (it's what I did).

Good Luck,
-bth

I wasn't able to find any boards in the DSDT database that are 7 series.

Please use the search a little bit and you will figure out why there isn't any DSDT for 7th series boards.

Should have done my reading first:p. So do I just check what I need in MultiBeast?

If I use a discrete graphics card, will it be disabled when I plug a monitor into the motherboard? What would happen if my integrated graphics is not compatible?

If I use a discrete graphics card, will it be disabled when I plug a monitor into the motherboard? What would happen if my integrated graphics is not compatible?

1st Q - Most likely it won't be disabled, but it could depend on you mainboard BIOS/UEFI settings.
2nd Q - Not compatible with what? (OS, mainboard, etc)

-bth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back