Contribute
Register

Will this work and if so will it be hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel i7 3770K
Graphics
Gigabyte 680 SOC
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys i'm very new to the hackintosh community! I have done some research and have now found some components that i think will run flawlessly on my build? All I need is you guys to comment and tell me if i did any thing wrong because of course i'm a noob at this and don't know what i'm really talking about :)

Anyways hera are my specs!
Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 OC 2GB - Graphics
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH - MotherBoard

Intel Core i7-3770 - Processor
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM ST1000DM003 - Hard Drive
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H60 v2 - Cooler
Corsair Builder Series CX 750 W - Power Supply
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 - Wifi
2 * Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - RAM

So What do you think? is it ok? If so will a noob like me be able to build this thing up?

I can't speak to the quality of your hardware choices, but I can say that if it is on the buyer's guide, it will work, and should work pretty easily.

I think you should have an SSD as your boot drive for OSX and other apps and then use that Seagate for other storage.

If you use the seagate as your boot drive then you will encounter the 4K boot ) problem, the work around is here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

A 600 Watt modular PSU would make better sense - it will also make for a tidier build and with less excess cabling will aid general airflow around the case.

As a noob you should have little problem assembling the items and getting the system up and running. There are plenty of good people here who will give help to those that require it.

Adrian B

Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 OC 2GB - Graphics
This should work out of the box, otherwise maybe you can download the drivers on NVidia's website, and you're all set.

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH - MotherBoard
I think this is on the Buyer's Guide right? If it is then it'll be 100% compatible.

Intel Core i7-3770 - Processor
Works Flawlessly.

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM ST1000DM003 - Hard Drive
The hard drive works obviously, but as a general advice, don't use Hard Drives as boot drives, they are slow, buy an SSD, I have tested the Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD and it boots a lot faster than my hard drive, I have cloned my system on an HDD and the difference is like:
SSD boot time: 10 Seconds
HDD boot time: 1 minute or more.
YMMV, but it still is a general rule that SSDs are best for System drives.

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H60 v2 - Cooler
Corsair Builder Series CX 750 W - Power Supply
These don't have anything to do with Mac OS X, so no compatibility issues here, however as Adrian B said, a 600w Modular PSU is much cleaner and less of an overkill.

TP-Link TL-WDN4800 - Wifi
Works natively.

2 * Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - RAM
Don't forget to delete the AppleTyMCE driver though!
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

So What do you think? is it ok? If so will a noob like me be able to build this thing up?
Sure! PC building is easy! If you don't know how to do it, Youtube videos help a lot!

Good luck with your build.

Edit: I didn't see that this post was from April, sorry.
Hope I helped anyways :p

hello
i have successfully downloaded and installed snow leopard 10.6, however i dont have sound or network
im dual booting with windows 7
i checked the network card on windows 7 and it is rtl8723 802.11n
i searched for drivers but didnt find anything so i reinstalled the snow leopard without any network drivers

plz help me as i cannot find any way to access the network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back