Contribute
Register

Will this setup work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I am using the GA-Z170N-Wifi board and I want to install a genuine apple Wifi + Bluetooth card.
As far as I understand what I need is a BCM94360CD model?

I found this card.
eBay

And do I understand correctly? do I need an adapter for my board? such as this:
eBay

Can somebody with the same setup please confirm?

7487_10_gigabyte-z170n-wifi-intel-z170-mini-itx-motherboard-review.jpg

Last edited:
Hi.

I am using the GA-Z170N-Wifi board and I want to install a genuine apple Wifi + Bluetooth card.
As far as I understand what I need is a BCM94360CD model?

I found this card.
eBay

And do I understand correctly? do I need an adapter for my board? such as this:
eBay

Can somebody with the same setup please confirm?

View attachment 284183
The adapter will work but I recommend this card:
NEW WiFi Bluetooth Air Port Card MacBook Air 11" A1465 13" A1466 2013 2014 2015

The card you picked has lines for 4 antennas will this one only has 2 which is better for your build.
I am currently using this combo in my build. I have a Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5.

The adapter will work but I recommend this card:
NEW WiFi Bluetooth Air Port Card MacBook Air 11" A1465 13" A1466 2013 2014 2015

The card you picked has lines for 4 antennas will this one only has 2 which is better for your build.
I am currently using this combo in my build. I have a Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5.

Thank you for replying :)

Does this card work natively as they say? (plug & play).
Or is there any thing I need to do to get it working? except that adapter of course.
I want to use it so I can buy a normal bluetooth keyboard, since none of the wireless types have the control and command symbols on them, and I just can't remember which key is which. But also I want to use it for all the regular features I'm missing out on like handoff and airplay and all of that goodness...
Can you tell me your own experience with the card? are there any signal issues or anything major?

Thank you!.

Thank you for replying :)

Does this card work natively as they say? (plug & play).
Or is there any thing I need to do to get it working? except that adapter of course.
I want to use it so I can buy a normal bluetooth keyboard, since none of the wireless types have the control and command symbols on them, and I just can't remember which key is which. But also I want to use it for all the regular features I'm missing out on like handoff and airplay and all of that goodness...
Can you tell me your own experience with the card? are there any signal issues or anything major?

Thank you!.
Yes, it is a plug and play. I did not have to do anything extra. I honestly don't use handoff and airplay and never tested them. I tested iMessage and FaceTime and Bluetooth and work without issues. One thing though when using Bluetooth your antennas have to be plugged in. I use Ethernet on my build and don't really use wifi but when I have to use Bluetooth for any reason I have to plug in the antennas. Hope this helps.

Yes, it is a plug and play. I did not have to do anything extra. I honestly don't use handoff and airplay and never tested them. I tested iMessage and FaceTime and Bluetooth and work without issues. One thing though when using Bluetooth your antennas have to be plugged in. I use Ethernet on my build and don't really use wifi but when I have to use Bluetooth for any reason I have to plug in the antennas. Hope this helps.

Lol... you plug and unplug the antennas every time? can't you just leave them there?
Im planning on using the bluetooth 24/7, I hope theres no need to unplug the antennas just to regain Ethernet connection.

IMG_1285.JPG
I don't really use Bluetooth so I don't plug and unplug the antennas that often. I pretty much stick to Ethernet connection. You can have the antennas plugged in all the time and use Ethernet as well. I just don't like the antennas sticking out. Here is a pic of the card in my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back