Contribute
Register

Will This Build Work?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey guys,

I plan on building a Hackintosh (~$2000 budget, not including peripherals,) and I just need to know if these parts will work together. Any sort of general advice would also be helpful.

Here's a list of the parts:

** I plan on using the ASUS PB287Q (4k), is there anything I should change in order to achieve this? **

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (This is fairly new, has anyone used it?)

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (Would the Noctua NH-U14S be any better? or the Corsair H80i?)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5 TH ATX LGA1150

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 16GB 2400Mhz (I'm also considering Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz or Crucial Ballistix Sport LP 1600Mhz, which one would be best? How much would I benefit from anything over 1600Mhz?)

Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (RAID 0 array, partitioned for Mac OSX and Windows 8 dual booting.)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB WINDFORCE

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX (I will most likely switch the stock case fans for some Noctua's.)

Power Supply: Corsair AX860i

ALSO: I'm going to get a mechanical keyboard, and I was trying to decide between blue and brown switches, what do you guys prefer? Does the noise of a blue switch get annoying? Can you recommend anything good?

Thanks a lot guys. :D