GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am going to be doing a major overhaul on my mackintosh when the new Nvidia GPU's are released as well as when the new processors are released. With that being said, I would like to do a custom water-cooling loop for both the processor and GPU. I will be choosing the i7 and I would like to over clock it to 4.5-5.0 GH/Z if possible. I will also be getting the 770/780 equivalent in the next 800 series.

If I get the Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper Triple 120mm Radiator, would I be able to put both CPU and GPU on the same loop with high clock speeds and lower temps?

EDIT: I left out that this will all be in a G5 case mod. After sleeping on this idea, I thought, "What if I put a radiator on the dual 92mm fan assembly in the back..." and this is what I found: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7...reme_M184_Radiator_-_Black.html?tl=g30c95s759

I think that it will not interfere with the motherboard because it would stick out a lot.

I am going to be doing a major overhaul on my mackintosh when the new Nvidia GPU's are released as well as when the new processors are released. With that being said, I would like to do a custom water-cooling loop for both the processor and GPU. I will be choosing the i7 and I would like to over clock it to 4.5-5.0 GH/Z if possible. I will also be getting the 770/780 equivalent in the next 800 series.

If I get the Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper Triple 120mm Radiator, would I be able to put both CPU and GPU on the same loop with high clock speeds and lower temps?

EDIT: I left out that this will all be in a G5 case mod. After sleeping on this idea, I thought, "What if I put a radiator on the dual 92mm fan assembly in the back..." and this is what I found: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7...reme_M184_Radiator_-_Black.html?tl=g30c95s759

I think that it will not interfere with the motherboard because it would stick out a lot.

Got your PM ;) nice to see you are interested in water-cooling your G5. Beware, thinking about water-cooling is the beginning to a verrrry expensive addiction. However, that expense is well worth it when you turn on your computer, load up a game or start a render and ask yourself is my computer on? because you can hardly hear it!

As far as radiator space goes, you typically want to aim for at least 120MM of radiator space per heat producing item (GPU/CPU) plus an additional 120MM of space. I wouldn't recommend that dual 92MM radiator, won't be needed. Your temps will be perfectly acceptable if you run push/pull on your radiator. I suggest getting some good fans (Gentle Typhoons 1850 RPM if you can find them for less than $30 a piece since they aren't made anymore, or Noiseblock eLoops). If you are interested in what fans to buy, I can give you a few examples. Make sure they have a good amount of what's called static pressure. Another good fan choice is the Corsair SP120.

As for water blocks, I whole heartedly recommend EK water blocks, they are well made and very attractive looks/price. Plus, they perform exceptionally well.

If you have anymore questions, please let me know!

Jeffinslaw

Thanks for the reply! I have already seen some prices and I think I know what I'm getting into :lol:.

When the new hardware becomes usable in the spring, I will upgrade to the new platform. However, I will probably wait to go for the custom loop until around summertime. That will give my wallet time to recover and maybe I will decide against going full liquid cooling. I will just have to remember to leave some space for the liquid cooling components when I do the G5 mod in the spring though. I think if I can replicate them with some cardboard and just include them while I mod then I should be fine.

I have already decided to use EK water blocks because I have heard some pretty good stuff about them. The fans I will probably go for will be the Corsair SP120's, unless something new comes out by then. The pump has something to do with D5... Im not sure if that is specific, but I have heard about the rest reliability that they have. I guess all that is left is the reservoir and radiator. I will probably cheap out on the reservoir because the bigger ones are mostly to show off the coolant, right? The radiator I was looking at was the Alphacool Full Copper because of its full copper status. I was also considering the XSPC Raystorm RX (60mm think I think...) because of the low fin count per inch. That meant I could use some fans at lower speeds.

Please let me know what your opinion is about these parts I just listed.

Thanks,
HackintoshMan :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back