i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1060 Max-Q
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
well i did some research and i couldn't really find any solution to my problem, so i decided i would make a post. Ok so my computer is a "HP Pavilion a6544f" desktop computer. Now i actually did run unibeast and install mountain lion on this machine, but that was all stock, now i finally got my gfx card in last night. So my gfx card is the "EVGA Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS 1gb DDR3" and it seems to go into sleep mode when i run the installer and never shows up, but the apple logo does show up but never the spinning wheel. Now your probably wondering "oh maybe he didn't type down -x or -v but i did and also GE=No and GE=Yes (GraphicsEnabler) and still nothing i plugged in and hdmi and tried everything, still no cigar, so then i plugged in dvi followed by vga and then all of them because it might be switching into multi display mode like my first build, but nothing shows up. is there something im doing wrong and i reinstalled ML on the usb like 6 times so its fresh like a peach.

if anyone out there has any suggestions please do tell as im trying to get this set up for my dad and his legendary beard.

-TailGames

well i did some research and i couldn't really find any solution to my problem, so i decided i would make a post. Ok so my computer is a "HP Pavilion a6544f" desktop computer. Now i actually did run unibeast and install mountain lion on this machine, but that was all stock, now i finally got my gfx card in last night. So my gfx card is the "EVGA Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS 1gb DDR3" and it seems to go into sleep mode when i run the installer and never shows up, but the apple logo does show up but never the spinning wheel. Now your probably wondering "oh maybe he didn't type down -x or -v but i did and also GE=No and GE=Yes (GraphicsEnabler) and still nothing i plugged in and hdmi and tried everything, still no cigar, so then i plugged in dvi followed by vga and then all of them because it might be switching into multi display mode like my first build, but nothing shows up. is there something im doing wrong and i reinstalled ML on the usb like 6 times so its fresh like a peach.

if anyone out there has any suggestions please do tell as im trying to get this set up for my dad and his legendary beard.

-TailGames

Boot into BIOS and check if you can change default video from iGPU to PCI or PCIex16

hey i switched it and it didn't work

but then i tried PCIRootUID=0 and it boots!!!!!!

im running the installer as i type this (16 minutes till completion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back