Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, samisnake!

So i'm about to buy now, components are:

Case
Fractal Design Define R3

Wireless Adapter
TP-Link TL-WDN4800

Since i'm not about to overclock my CPU, i'm not going to buy a new cooler.
As far as i know from reading guides and threads und userbuilds, this hardware will work with lion and ML. Please correct me if i'm wrong :)

Just out of interest, why did you choose the R3 over the R4? Or was the R3 one that you already owned too?

Just out of interest, why did you choose the R3 over the R4? Or was the R3 one that you already owned too?

to be honest, the case doesn't matter too much to me. i saw a lot of user builds having this case in it and i really liked the design of it.
i didn't even know there was a newer edition such as the r4. x)

I still think i'm giving the OCZ SSD a try. It's cheap and there are several opinions about its reliability. If it causes problems i can still return it (30 days cash back :) ) and get another one.. maybe i'm lucky!

Thanks again for your replies and for your help! :)

Many people had problems with their OCZ SSDs after 30 days, so then you have no cash back.
It's your choice, but I've heard from many of my friends which had problems with OCZ SSDs. I tried Corsair and Samsung SSDs, not even 1 problem :thumbup:

Yeah I normally would vote against the OCZ drives but the new OCZ Vertex is the way to go apparently using a new controller, no more sanforce.

Also I swear by Corsair SSD's Im currently running 2 of them for a long time now. No issues whatsover :thumbup:

I wouldnt discount both OCZ Vertex 4 ONLY or Samsung 830 series, Ive heard good news.

Many people had problems with their OCZ SSDs after 30 days, so then you have no cash back.
It's your choice, but I've heard from many of my friends which had problems with OCZ SSDs. I tried Corsair and Samsung SSDs, not even 1 problem :thumbup:

true, indeed.
well i guess i have to return the ssd as soon as it arrives today x)
going for the samsung 830 128gb then.

oh i forgot to ask: do i need an extra frame to hold the ssd in place when using the Fractal Design R3 case?
something like this one
http://www.amazon.com/Mushkin-Enhanced-MKNSSDBRKT2535-3-5-Inch-2-5-Inch/dp/B004V9AMI6/ref=pd_sim_pc_11
or am i just fine with just the ssd?

all the best..

There are two versions from the Samsung 830, in one there is only the SSD and some screws, on the other version there is a 2,5" to 3,5" adapter too. I didn't needed an adapter for my Corsair 600T case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back