Contribute
Register

Will there be problems doing a fresh install on a second SSD drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
hackintosh
CPU
i7-2600k
Graphics
560ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I currently have 10.8.2 on an 80gb SSD, but want to use a bigger SSD, which I have Windows currently installed. I am planning to use Multibeast to do the install freshly. When I do the install will it affect anything since I am not upgrading current setting, but starting fresh? I guess if crap hits the fan I have my current install that I can boot back into, but do you forsee any problems I could run into?

Shouldn't be any problem. I usually use multiple hard drives for upgrades and backups. In my rig now I have my Yosemite and a backup version of yosemite and windows 8.1. I usually keep a second partition or drive for backups or even older installs.

I also use multiple disks for different operating systems. But to be absolutely sure that nothing can go wrong with existing installations, I disconnect the other drives during installation and reconnect them later.

The downside is, you have to push F12 on boot if you want to boot an other installation than the one which comes first in your boot order.

But this is no problem for me because I boot windows or other versions very seldom.

Best regards, TheFox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back