Contribute
Register

Will the GT 1030 be compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the MSI LP 1030 and wake from sleep works about 95% of the time, rest of the time I get no signal and have to reset. Performance is very poor (worse than Intel HD) and you can expect regular (2-3 times daily) WindowServer crashes. Something is definitely wrong with Nvidia cards and High Sierra. I wouldn't recommend building a system around a low profile card until it is resolved, if it will be.

I’ve got an msi gt 1030 (the mini itx version with a fan), and I finally got sleep working a couple weeks ago. All I really had to do was set PluginType to enabled in config.plist. I believe this will make power management/sleep work on all hackintoshes with Skylake CPUs or later.

My MSI GT 1030 LP OC fanless is working just fine with 10.13.3., Nvidia web drivers and lilu. Display is connected with DP. Sleep works everytime. Tested it with Team Fortress 2 and its smooth and stable!

Currently on Asus Z170i
What about clover folder?

I get no sound with that kext

so can you share your clover zip?

Thank you.
So your card is PEGP, not PEG0, right?
Can you also share you Library/Extentions (at least kexts that didn't come from Apple)
And maybe ioreg dump?
Btw, when you're using lag fix from new nvidiagraphicsfixup, are you not getting image disorder after few minutes?
Also I can see your card doesn't have DisplayPort.
No problems with pushing 4K@60Hz over HDMI?
No lost monitor signal after display sleep?

Last edited:
Wel I've just checked and ASL GT 1030 is 5mm longer than what my new 4.5L case would accept.
I guess I'll have to go with 1050 Ti

photo_2018-04-15_10-58-02.jpg photo_2018-04-15_10-57-55.jpg

Just wondering if anyone is using the ASUS GeForce GT1030 2GB Graphics card , 2GB GDDR5 , Low Profile , Silent fan?
This version. Looks ideal for me (low profile, silent etc) but the only mention of Asus in this thread relates to one not working, but it was a while ago and I am not sure of the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back