Contribute
Register

Will the curing of this resin ruin my motherboard??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Pretty new to the whole G5 modding, I was looking around at some builds and have seen allot of people use motherboard trays but also a couple of people that glue standoffs straight onto the back of the case. I was wondering, if i screwed the standoffs into the motherboard and then put resin on the other end of the stand offs and then aligned it correctly on the inside wall of the case to dry; would this drying process (which im sure produces quite allot of fumes) ruin my motherboard? also to add to this, are there any serious cons with gluing the standoffs straight onto the inside of the case?

For reference this is the resin/glue ill be using:
a84feda5-85ff-4d35-9d25-9cf1ee43c0a4.jpg

Thanks in advance, Charlie

Hi guys,

Pretty new to the whole G5 modding, I was looking around at some builds and have seen allot of people use motherboard trays but also a couple of people that glue standoffs straight onto the back of the case. I was wondering, if i screwed the standoffs into the motherboard and then put resin on the other end of the stand offs and then aligned it correctly on the inside wall of the case to dry; would this drying process (which im sure produces quite allot of fumes) ruin my motherboard? also to add to this, are there any serious cons with gluing the standoffs straight onto the inside of the case?

For reference this is the resin/glue ill be using:
a84feda5-85ff-4d35-9d25-9cf1ee43c0a4.jpg

Thanks in advance, Charlie

The only product that I can recommend is JB Weld for mounting the standoffs. I have used other epoxy products but the JB Weld is the best product for this application. One caution is to make sure that you let the bond cure for 24 hours.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back