Contribute
Register

Will Radeon VII work out of the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kgp posted some configurations over 10.14.3 & 10.14.3 SU.... MSI Radeon VII
Can you test in 10.14.4 beta?

Will try but I’m using a pentium g3258 so ssdt probably won’t take. But I will give it a go.

Good News! Its kinda working as a Vega 10 60CUs

First off a big thanks to @kgp for his testing and SSDT for the Clover/ACPI/Patched folder.

It needs to be installed with Clover as a legacy NOT UEFI boot mode. The card is legacy bios not UEFI. This is what was causing the small screen issue.

You will need to edit the info.plists (or just use the attached edited files) and be sure to save the originals to the provided folders in case you need to revert.

Important. Make sure to rebuild caches before reboot. Kext Wizard attached.

Attachments

• iMac Vega VII 60 CUs .ioreg
    4.7 MB · Views: 97
  • Radeon VII fixes.zip
    4 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Confirmed
NAVI can't be expected before October 2019
lol happy I purchased Gigabyte RX Radeon Vega 64 overclocked.
I think it is the best I can have for the next year, year and a half until the next iMac Pro comes with support for a new GPU.

bye bye, Nvidia.

Good News! Its kinda working as a Vega 10 60CUs

First off a big thanks to @kgp for his testing and SSDT for the Clover/ACPI/Patched folder.

It needs to be installed with Clover as a legacy NOT UEFI boot mode. The card is legacy bios not UEFI. This is what was causing the small screen issue.

You will need to edit the info.plists (or just use the attached edited files) and be sure to save the originals to the provided folders in case you need to revert.

Important. Make sure to rebuild caches before reboot. Kext Wizard attached.

View attachment 386496View attachment 386498View attachment 386497View attachment 386499

with CSM enable not boot anyway ... have you discovery something new ? ... I have Radeon from ASUS... it is indentical like others ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back