Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock B75M-ITX
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 660
Due to the continuing GTX 660 issue with High Sierra, I'm thinking of buying a cheap AMD card. I don't do any gaming so all I need it to do is run the desktop. I came across R5 240 for $20 on ebay. Will this card work with Mojave?

Due to the continuing GTX 660 issue with High Sierra, I'm thinking of buying a cheap AMD card. I don't do any gaming so all I need it to do is run the desktop. I came across R5 240 for $20 on ebay. Will this card work with Mojave?

The R5 240 belongs to the GCN 1st gen architecture so theoretically it should support Metal. However, I don't see it listed in the Radeon Compatibility Guide, so I am not sure if it will work. Perhaps someone who knows better than me can chime in.

I would suggest trying to get a second hand HD 7870 or R9 270X, which should not be too expensive and most likely should work. I have a Sapphire HD 7870 GHz edition (second hand) which has Metal support and works with Mavericks / Yosemite / El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra, and I believe it should also work in Mojave.

Last edited:
Did you get this card working? I got a free optiplex that comes with this card, and Mojave says I only have 7mb graphics. Even after injecting ATI in clover configurator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back