Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm getting a computer with i7 4790, 8gb ram. nvidia gtx770 gpu, I'm certain that it'll work fine with the hackintosh install. I have a macbook for a few years and updates come every so often. And my main question lies after the install; Will OSX updates create issues? I want to keep up with the latest updates for OSX but I'm weary that it might brick my computer or would force me to reinstall or even worse, send it back to the manufacturer in rare case. What methods should I take to ensure a proper update of the osx? This is my primary concern.

Secondly, I'm weary about installing new Yosemite osx because it's rather new which is prone to more updates. Which is the reason I'm thinking that it might be safer and less of a hassle to install the previous version (maverick). Suggestions? PLease help!!

Will OSX updates create issues? I want to keep up with the latest updates for OSX but I'm weary that it might brick my computer or would force me to reinstall or even worse, send it back to the manufacturer in rare case. What methods should I take to ensure a proper update of the osx? This is my primary concern.

Using pc hardware to run OS X can be tricky. Generally speaking if you use Time machine and keep a second cloned backup drive available then you are likely to have less down time. Its worth testing incremental OS X updates on the cloned drive first to check that everything is running smoothly.

Apple manages to brake things even for users of Apple computers. Wifi & audio have been just two issues faced by Apple users lately.

Secondly, I'm weary about installing new Yosemite osx because it's rather new which is prone to more updates. Which is the reason I'm thinking that it might be safer and less of a hassle to install the previous version (maverick). Suggestions? PLease help!!

Mavericks will not have any more update other than any security patches that may need to be applied. Using Mavericks will be fine. If you chose to update to Yosemite then it is best to do a fresh installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back