Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all
I will keep my protools HD 9 as it is, won't update it anymore but would like a nice computer with lot's of ram to write music, using a lot of virtual instruments, load large samples

What would be the best configuration to install 10.6.8 knowing that I have 2 pci-e for protools and one pcie for a UAD card?

Or should I just leave my mac pro untouched and only fill it up with ram? it has only 5 gig now

Best from Switzerland
e

Hello mate! Gonna keep using Kd Pro Tools wontcha??

First, suggest you search the forum, where theres plenty information bout SandyB pro tools rigs...

Ive built many machines for that use, but nowadays its a little tougher to find the parts...

Snow Leo must be installed in a Sandy Bridge CPU and MOBO, if you want to avoid problems, and the graphics card support is a big headache.

Most of the machines ive built for Snow, were with Z68ma-D2HB3 with 2600K and geforce 9500GT, built at least 4 like that, they are between 3 and 4 years old know, rock solid, but since i needed a stronger machine to use more virtual instruments, etc, built the one im using know, 2011 socket.

Good Luck!

Hi all
I will keep my protools HD 9 as it is, won't update it anymore but would like a nice computer with lot's of ram to write music, using a lot of virtual instruments, load large samples

What would be the best configuration to install 10.6.8 knowing that I have 2 pci-e for protools and one pcie for a UAD card?

Or should I just leave my mac pro untouched and only fill it up with ram? it has only 5 gig now

Best from Switzerland
e

Finding hardware to run 10.6.x is getting harder as the makers EOL each board. Best to keep your Mac Pro and max it out on RAM if you want to stay with 10.6.8.
Otherwise, if you can find the hardware -
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...o-rig-i7-2700k-ga-z68x-ud7-radeon-hd6870.html

Well, thanks a lot!
I'll go the easy route and max the ram, and I'd be better of investing in another machine geared toward an up to date system...
this is the end... my HD friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back