Contribute
Register

Will my old Intel Core2 Duo system work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HHi, I have a similar system p65p-s3 Rev 3.3.

Your mainboard will run this operating system.

Currently I'm busy but in the middle of re-installing my OSX 10.6.x

When I get it going again I'll let you know exactly what you need to do and what files to download so you can be up and running.

I've been using this board to run osx since 2007 when I got it.

Keep in touch and feel free to PM me anytime.

Keep hope alive...

ron_jeremy said:
I ended up buying a SATA dvdrw drive & removing my old IDE unit. After a week of trying countless configuration variables I am still unable to get iboot to boot. I made sure AHCI & S3 were enabled (they both already were to begin with) & removed everything else from the system, but still iboot just dumps immediately after being selected.

Looks like my particular 965 chipset board is a no-go :(

are you clicking on the iboot icon when you boot up to iboot? After you boot to iboot and you see the icon thats when you need to put your snow leopard dvd in and hit F5. Than the screen will show the snow leopard DVD icon and you click that to launch the installer.

Make sure the only hardware your using is motherboard, 4GB RAM, SATA HD, SATA DVD drive, and Video card.

Let us know.

Oh my I think a little embarrassment is in order. Yeah, I was clicking on the iboot icon. Wow, don't I feel like a tool....

I will try this again & post back! :thumbup:

Cool! put the SL dvd in the drive wait like 5 seconds or so than hit F5.. follow the rest of the instructions to the letter and get back to us. Take your time read through

you need iboot legacy with anval. ur getting acpi kp anval will fix this boot with -x

Ok finally had a chance to try it out. This time I did as bones suggested & NOT hit the iboot icon, but instead to eject the iboot disc & replace it with th Snow Leopard disc - IT WORKED!!! In my excitement I left my SCSI card plugged in as well as PCI cards, USB hubs, & my printers -- but it didn't matter the install went great!

When I find the time I'll try and install drivers. What's odd is that I could hear audio during the Apple "Welcome" video but the system is showing that no audio is installed. Anyway, I can't wait to fool around some more!!

THanks to all for your help! I'm sure I'll be asking more questions :)

ron_jeremy said:
Ok finally had a chance to try it out. This time I did as bones suggested & NOT hit the iboot icon, but instead to eject the iboot disc & replace it with th Snow Leopard disc - IT WORKED!!! In my excitement I left my SCSI card plugged in as well as PCI cards, USB hubs, & my printers -- but it didn't matter the install went great!

When I find the time I'll try and install drivers. What's odd is that I could hear audio during the Apple "Welcome" video but the system is showing that no audio is installed. Anyway, I can't wait to fool around some more!!

THanks to all for your help! I'm sure I'll be asking more questions :)

Cool man, keep plugin away at it. It took me about 2 weeks off and on to get everything to work. Only problem I have now is auto-sleep doesn't work it only turns off the monitor. I can manually sleep and wake from bluetooth (fixed the wake from bt last night :) ), just no auto-sleep yet :(

Do yourself a favor once you get everything working install another internal sata drive and get Carbon copy cloner or superduper (I'm using CCC) and backup your install to the other drive. Than from the boot menu you press a key and you can boot to the other install. I've be doing all my testing on the clone drive as far as trying different kexts and tinkering. Than if I screw it up just restore from the main drive and than play some more with it. CCC is pretty cool, it clones the drive fast too...

I got my combo overclocked running stable to 3 Ghz, it might go higher but I was happy with that. So once your running good you might want to play with that too. PM me when your ready to try overclocking it I'll give you all my settings to try.. pretty basic but if you never OC'd before it will help you get started.

I'm pretty hooked on hackintosh lol, I've had a macbook for 2 years now but this one is funner to use lol. I'm planning a nice i7 one next, I'm happy with the C2D but I want to build the i7.. than after that a server lol

Hi Bones,

I wish I would have seen your post earlier. I have installed OSX no fewer than 7 times in the last 24 hours. I always seem to kill the OS with Multibeast while trying to install lan/sound/video. I can't go any longer without a working computer & will be putting Windows 7 back on after dinner tonight. I can kinda live without sound or vga drivers installed, but I can't get any work done without a nework connection & I have no idea how to install a driver for the Marvell 8056 controller. I tried both Multibeast Realtek audio options (not at same instance), & neither enabled the ALC883 audio -- but instead killed the OS.

I might get back to this on the weekend, but for now I need a computer to work on.

Yeah this might not be a good setup for your only computer LOL. Try this for marvell 8056 network (I got it from kexts.com) it works for me. As far as audio I have ALC888 so I use the one included in multibeast, I didn't see ALC883 in there.

Attachments

• Yukon88E8056.pkg.zip
    256.6 KB · Views: 64
Hi Bones, thanks again for your help. Yes, that got my network going, however I can't really browse the web because the browser crash within seconds of navigating to a page. I tried Google Chrome too, but it's no better than Safari. I can go to simple sites, like the Google homepage or to Craigslist, but if I try to go pretty much anywhere else the browser will load 75% of the page (progress bar does not complete) & then Chrome or Safari will just hang, and I have to "Force Quit" the program. I performed the Apple "Software Update" hoping it might fix the issue but it did not.

Any ideas? Bones, do you think it could be because I don't have my 9800GT driver installed (don't know how)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back