Contribute
Register

Will my Nvidia Graphics Card work with macOS ? List of Desktop Cards with Native Support

Have you heard of anyone actually having success with the 410?
I've only used the K600 quadro and never owned a 410. The K600s sell for about 20 USD on Ebay.

All Quadro 410s are Kepler GK107. No reason I can think of why it wouldn't work with macOS.
It may be defective if it doesn't even work in Windows. Can you return it ?

Screen Shot 5.jpg

Well after unplugging repluggin the card a couple of times, and then settings the -v flag in clover, it suddenly works... maybe just a loose connection? 4K 60hz on both 770 GTX and Quadro 410! The ladder a little more sluggish sometimes, but acceptable :)
Hope it stays this way!

It is now the most noisy thing in my build though... :(

Last edited:
What else are you using with the Quadro 410?

I found that installing WhateverGreen.kext with my Quadro GPU's (K4200 & K600) produced the Black screen issue in macOS. Booting without WhateverGreen worked. Give it a try and see if it makes any difference with your system.

No idea why your 410 doesn't work in Windows, should at least boot with a generic Microsoft driver.

Was the Quadro 410 taken from a working system? Are you sure it is not defective? Have you booted a system, i.e. Ubuntu Live CD or similar, with this dGPU?

You can always remove the fan and heatsink, replace the thermal paste and clean the fan. See if that makes any difference to the noise levels.

I do this with any secondhand cards, that I purchase on eBay. Just to make sure the paste is actually doing what it is supposed to do, transfer heat from the GPU. In my experience the paste on secondhand/older cards is usually as dry as a desert, and well beyond the time when it needed replacing/renewing.

For anyone that wants a great deal on a K5000 Quadro card. This seller on Amazon, BestBuyBay sells them new for $289.99. AMD cards are scarce and many 2-3x the normal retail prices. This can certainly tide you over until the newer AMD, macOS compatible cards become widely available at normal retail prices.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009L8E4UO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Being a dual-slot card, the NVIDIA Quadro K5000 draws power from 1x 6-pin power connector, with power draw rated at 122 W maximum. Display outputs include: 2x DVI, 2x DisplayPort. Quadro K5000 is connected to the rest of the system using a PCI-Express 3.0 x16 interface. The card measures 267 mm in length, 111 mm in width, and features a dual-slot cooling solution. Its price at launch was 2,499 US Dollars.

@trs96 as a comparison, on the UK Amazon site, which your link took me to as I am based in the UK, these cards new are £1,177.72 + £5.00 delivery! So $289.99 is definitely a bargain.

This isn't your normal post, about whether an NVIDIA card is supported or not. This is a post about a system using one of the old Kepler Quadro K600 cards.

I have recently removed a the dGPU from one of my HP server Hacks. As I had to play merry-go-round with a few GPU's after I replaced a defective dGPU in my son's PC with one of my PowerColor RX580 cards.

I installed a spare (second-hand cost £10 on eBay) Quadro K600 1GB dGPU in to the HP ML10 Gen9 server, this is a Skylake Xeon system, P530 IGPU (Headless framebuffer), using iMac17,1 SMBIOS, running the latest version of macOS Catalina.

The Quadro K600 works just fine, graphics are good enough for general computing, media serving etc. I screen share when managing and maintaining the server, but have a spare Dell display (1920x1080) connected via DP, and it works perfectly well with both connections.

Here are a few screenshots from the About This Mac and System Information regarding the Server and K600 dGPU.

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 16.30.54.png

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 16.14.38.png Server has 2x PCIe X8 & 2x PCIe x4 Slots

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 16.15.17.png Even shows up in the PCI section.

These Quadro K600 dGPU's can still be obtained second-hand on eBay for between £15-£20 in the UK.

Just remember if you purchase a second-hand dGPU like the Quadro K600 that the thermal paste is probably long past its expected usefulness and that you will need to clean the heatsink, clean the fan and replace the paste for the dGPU to run at decent temperatures.

HWMonitoringSMC2 app screenshot attached below, showing some more information.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 17.38.20.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 17.38.20.png
    562.4 KB · Views: 61
I installed a spare (second-hand cost £10 on eBay) Quadro K600 1GB dGPU in to the HP ML10 Gen9 server, this is a Skylake Xeon system, P530 IGPU (Headless framebuffer), using iMac17,1 SMBIOS, running the latest version of macOS Catalina.

The Quadro K600 works just fine, graphics are good enough for general computing, media serving etc. I screen share when managing and maintaining the server, but have a spare Dell display (1920x1080) connected via DP, and it works perfectly well with both connections.
Can't beat those refurbished deals on Ebay. I always keep one on hand for general purpose use. Just plug it in the PCI-e x16 slot and it works. New GT 710s are about the same GPU performance and you'll pay 50 dollars or more for one of those. The main difference with the 710 is that you get an HDMI 1.4 port instead of a DP 1.2. So the 710s work better connected to a large screen TV for media streaming purposes. I've never seen a TV with a DP input.

I'm working on running Big Sur on my PC (first time), and I've read about the GK106 issues.
I have 2 GTX 650 Ti BOOSTs with the GK106 core, both in my system.
I'm able to boot the Big Sur installer without glitches; with people who try the GK106 Kepler cards, do the issues start once the system boots from an internal drive or from any macOS drive?

do the issues start once the system boots from an internal drive or from any macOS drive?
Give it a try and find out. I've never owned any card with a GK106 core.

Back