Contribute
Register

Will my Nvidia Graphics Card work with macOS ? List of Desktop Cards with Native Support

As i have read above I've understood that my nvidea quadro p620 gpu is not supported by Mojave and above. Are there any drivers available for high sierra or below versions
You'd need to try installing the Nvidia Web drivers for High Sierra and see if they work. Search for guides on this site that tell you what to do to install Web drivers.

Last edited:
Yes, the Nvidia Web Drivers plus the two kexts mentioned below wiii enable you to use your Pascal Series (10XX) Quadro P620 GPU in High Sierra.

You need to add Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder or /OC/Kexts folder & config.plist. The location of these additional kext is dependant on the bootloader you are using.

I did some digging today and I was surprised to see what I thought was a Quadro 410 (Kepler based and hence supported because of 2013 iMacs) is actually being reported as an AMD Radeon 5400 (though the card name is coming through as "NVidia Quadro Pro 410"), which AIUI won't work with anything above High Sierra. Have I screwed up somewhere, or just been ripped off? My SMBIOS is set to Macmini6,2 (for no particular reason), is it important to set it to something more appropriate like iMac14,1?

is actually being reported as an AMD Radeon 5400 (though the card name is coming through as "NVidia Quadro Pro 410"), which AIUI won't work with anything above High Sierra. Have I screwed up somewhere, or just been ripped off?
Post a picture of the card. What macOS version are you using with it ?

Post a picture of the card. What macOS version are you using with it ?
This is an extract from the system report in High Sierra and a dump of PCIe devices in Hackintool:

Attachments

• graphics report.png
    graphics report.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Hackintool report.png
    Hackintool report.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 49
This is an extract from the system report in High Sierra and a dump of PCIe devices in Hackintool:
I wouldn't rely on Hackintool for an accurate report. What does High Sierra say in System Report/Graphics ?

I wouldn't rely on Hackintool for an accurate report. What does High Sierra say in System Report/Graphics ?

NVIDIA Quadro 410:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA Quadro 410
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 511 MB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68e0
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: VBIOS 80.07.ae.00.02
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3

NVIDIA Quadro 410:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA Quadro 410
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 511 MB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68e0
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: VBIOS 80.07.ae.00.02
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3
Does the card work with Mojave or Catalina ? That's the best way to determine if it truly is a Quadro 410 or not.

Both Mojave and Catalina crash and reboot about two seconds after Quartz start up. It only boots up properly with all graphics acceleration turned off.

Back