Contribute
Register

Will my Nvidia Graphics Card work with macOS ? List of Desktop Cards with Native Support

My MSI GTX 650ti model GK106 run well in siera, very slow in mojave but run fine in cataliba
I dont really have any idea for that

I'm working with a friend trying to get Mojave on his GA-P55-USB3 board with a GT 710 graphics card (has DVI-I and HDMI). Does anyone know if using the DVI-I to a VGA monitor via an adapter would work properly?

Previously, he was on Sierra with an older Nvidia card and the DVI-I to VGA adapter situation was working fine.

We've got a Mojave installation running but it's very laggy and we're not sure if it's the graphics situation or not.

I'm working with a friend trying to get Mojave on his GA-P55-USB3 board with a GT 710 graphics card (has DVI-I and HDMI). Does anyone know if using the DVI-I to a VGA monitor via an adapter would work properly?

Previously, he was on Sierra with an older Nvidia card and the DVI-I to VGA adapter situation was working fine.

We've got a Mojave installation running but it's very laggy and we're not sure if it's the graphics situation or not.

Hi there.

Officially VGA isn't supported in Mojave. However some folk say they've managed to get things working. Won't be reliable though.

As for the adapter, if it is a simple one then all it does is connect the VGA pins in the DVI-I socket to the VGA port. Those four pins around the flat connector you can see. So problems are going to happen.

If it's an active adaptor converting DVI to VGA then maybe.

:)

Hi there.

Officially VGA isn't supported in Mojave. However some folk say they've managed to get things working. Won't be reliable though.

As for the adapter, if it is a simple one then all it does is connect the VGA pins in the DVI-I socket to the VGA port. Those four pins around the flat connector you can see. So problems are going to happen.

If it's an active adaptor converting DVI to VGA then maybe.

:)

Thanks for the reply. It's a passive adapter.

This is confusing to me as I'm in Mojave…on the setup in my signature…and I have an HDMI connected monitor as well as an old VGA directly connected one working. In fact, when I boot, Clover appears on the VGA. Then, I have the HDMI monitor configured as my main monitor in Mojave. I don't notice anything unusual about the VGA monitor and can stream video on it just fine.

Thanks for the reply. It's a passive adapter.

This is confusing to me as I'm in Mojave…on the setup in my signature…and I have an HDMI connected monitor as well as an old VGA directly connected one working. In fact, when I boot, Clover appears on the VGA. Then, I have the HDMI monitor configured as my main monitor in Mojave. I don't notice anything unusual about the VGA monitor and can stream video on it just fine.

No need to be confusing. As I said, officially Apple no longer support VGA for video output. It's analog, Apple's all digital. That's a thing. BUT we are using PC hardware not Mac and using it in ways never envisaged.

If it works for you then great. We just can't troubleshoot it :thumbup:

It looks like support for Kepler GK107 based graphics will live on in Big Sur. The Late 2013 Retina MBP still has support. That MBP has the GT 750M mobile GPU. Strangely the Late 2013 iMacs (21.5") that have a GT 750M are not supported in Big Sur. Possibly because they only have 1GB of dedicated Vram ?

Screen Shot 5.jpg

Screen_Shot_10.jpg

Apple MacBook Pro 15-Inch "Core i7" 2.3 Late 2013 (DG) Specs

Identifiers: Retina Late 2013 15" - ME294LL/A - MacBookPro11,3 - A1398 - 2745

Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15-Inch Late 2013

The MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.3 15-Inch (Dual Graphics - Late 2013 Retina Display) Has dual graphics processors -- a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory and an integrated Intel Iris 5200 Pro.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I want to install OsX (Mojave or Catalina) on my Pc (Hackintosh) but I read here some info that some components are not supported... please can you help me?

Will everything work normally?

i7 10700K
Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X
MSI GTX 1660 GAMING X 6G (not super or Ti version)
Corsair 2x16 GB 3200mhz
SanDisk Extreme PRO M.2 NVMe 3D SSD

Thank you for your help in advance!

Will everything work normally?
No, not with the 1660 installed. You could remove it and use the UHD 630 CPU graphics instead. Everything else in terms of hardware should be compatible.

No, not with the 1660 installed. You could remove it and use the UHD 630 CPU graphics instead. Everything else in terms of hardware should be compatible.

Ok... yeah but I want to use both system Win10 and osX, also I need a good graphic card because I work a lot in adobe...
Do you have any suggestion for a graphic card (Nvidia) who will work on osX Mojave or Catalina

Do you have any suggestion for a graphic card who will work on osX Mojave or Catalina
Post #1 has a full list of supported Nvidia cards. If you wanted to go AMD get an RX 580 8GB and you'll have full support within macOS for even a few more versions. Older Nvidia Kepler 2nd gen cards will likely get cut from support in 2021. You can still keep using them with Mojave or Catalina for as long as you'd like to though.

Nvidia Kepler Cards that are Natively Supported:
  • GTX Titan (GK110)
  • GTX Titan Black (GK110)
  • GTX Titan Z
  • GTX 780/Ti
  • GTX 770
  • GTX 760/Ti

Back