Contribute
Register

Will my Nvidia Graphics Card work with macOS ? List of Desktop Cards with Native Support

Apple and Nvidia Are Over

Not really a surprise here. Since Mojave already stopped supporting CUDA it was expected.

That should put the rumors to rest for anyone hoping for future Nvidia drivers or support for macOS.

From this article I find out that my card, RTX 2080 Super is not supported. As I am very new in the 'Hackintosh' scene I would appreciate some advice on how to overcome this other than buying a supported card. Would I have the same issues if I configure OSX as a virtual machine? Finally, thanks to the author, this article may have saved me a lot of needless frustration.

Would I have the same issues if I configure OSX as a virtual machine?
Apple doesn't allow running macOS in a VM on a Windows PC. It's also against the site rules.

As I am very new in the 'Hackintosh' scene I would appreciate some advice on how to overcome this other than buying a supported card.
As post #1 says, for native Nvidia support the older Kepler cards are the only choice. Another option you still have is to get a 1080 Ti and then install High Sierra and use the Web drivers. In that scenario you must stay with High Sierra.

Times change, Nvidia fans of Hackintosh.

Yes, your GTX 660 Ti (GK104) will work in both Mojave and Catalina.

No need for any other drivers, Apple Nvidia drivers in both of these OS's will work with your GPU.

Back