Contribute
Register

can't switch to multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macsure said:
Hi daveo
Hi hurricane bob

I have this same problem too, did get a solve ?

Not completely. I haven't had much time to work on it - hopefully I can get it resolved tonight.

The big issue I've noticed so far, though, is that I was trying to run MultiBeast and the 10.6.8 Combo Update off of a Retail 10.6 install.

I've upgraded to 10.6.6 so far without any issues. I haven't run any utilities yet - I'm still booting everything off iBoot, but the system starts and is functional.

I would say make sure you're running at least 10.6.6. before trying the 10.6.8 update and MultiBeast.

Will let you know when I figure out more.

On the Download Site

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-19 um 22.59.56.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-19 um 22.59.56.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 108
This is what did and it worked. As in I can boot off the hard drive.

1. Install and configure system using iBoot + MultiBeast
2. Run UpdateHelper
3. Reboot
4. Run 10.6.8 Combo Update
5. Reboot

However when I go run multi beast and check the easyinstall, it installs fine.
But when go to re boot I get the "combo update" splash box telling me I have to hold the power button on etc etc and lock my screen

I done this twice, checking I have the correct combo. Which I have. I install from retail 10:6:3 disc

Yeah, Sorry about that. I engauged typing before I read properly.

Thank you for repliying

I got it working.

I think the key is to be running 10.6.6 before using the 10.6.8 update or update helper.

It worked for me, although now my ethernet is not working and the machine seems to be running a lot slower. Also the boot time seems a lot slower than it was with iBoot.

I'm having similar issues. Although I think a minor degree of operator error may be involved. I labeled my UserDSDT UDSDT.ami when I mounted it to the desktop. As I understand it, I should have labeled it simply DSDT.ami.

I also understand based on some reading that I need to make sure that I have the correct DSDT.ami for the bios my motherboard is running. There are three different DSDT's listed for that motherboard. I need to examine the bios more carefully to make sure I'm loading the correct one as a .ami.

I've been able to install from iBoot, go through the process of loading once from a 10.6.3 retail install that was successfully loaded onto the hard drive, then use the iBoot CD to load from that HD install. I have gone through Multi-Beast and installed DSDT, but there may be a hiccup due to my wrong labeling, I'm not sure there. I've also gone through and used the updatehelper because the system I'm running is Sandy Bridge.

I've had the boot loader from the hard drive load, and when I click on my newly installed, and multi-beast/updatehelper improved system try to reboot, the Apple Boot Screen comes up, runs for less than 30 seconds, then there is a crash.

I'm hoping it is just operator error on my part in terms of the multi-beast portion, although I'm intrigued about the 10.6.6 update prior to the 10.6.8 update issue people are addressing.

I only wish I could get to the point where I need to update to 10.6.8. I can't get passed the reboot stage following the initial multi-beast/updatehelper stage of the Sandy Bridge install paradigm.

So is my mislabeling the CULPRIT?

I am going to give the install process another try after work tonight.

lintfilms said:
I'm having similar issues. Although I think a minor degree of operator error may be involved. I labeled my UserDSDT UDSDT.ami when I mounted it to the desktop. As I understand it, I should have labeled it simply DSDT.ami.

I also understand based on some reading that I need to make sure that I have the correct DSDT.ami for the bios my motherboard is running. There are three different DSDT's listed for that motherboard. I need to examine the bios more carefully to make sure I'm loading the correct one as a .ami.

I've been able to install from iBoot, go through the process of loading once from a 10.6.3 retail install that was successfully loaded onto the hard drive, then use the iBoot CD to load from that HD install. I have gone through Multi-Beast and installed DSDT, but there may be a hiccup due to my wrong labeling, I'm not sure there. I've also gone through and used the updatehelper because the system I'm running is Sandy Bridge.

I've had the boot loader from the hard drive load, and when I click on my newly installed, and multi-beast/updatehelper improved system try to reboot, the Apple Boot Screen comes up, runs for less than 30 seconds, then there is a crash.

I'm hoping it is just operator error on my part in terms of the multi-beast portion, although I'm intrigued about the 10.6.6 update prior to the 10.6.8 update issue people are addressing.

I only wish I could get to the point where I need to update to 10.6.8. I can't get passed the reboot stage following the initial multi-beast/updatehelper stage of the Sandy Bridge install paradigm.

So is my mislabeling the CULPRIT?

I am going to give the install process another try after work tonight.
AML, not AMI
You've got a typo...it should have the extension *.aml and not *.ami
The script within Multibeast when selecting User DSDT don't find and don't installs it if it have the wrong extension.

EDIT: The DSDT.aml must matching to the Biosversion and Boardrevision you use

I think I am using .aml sorry about typo on forum. Couldn't recall the extension, basically, I've only, renamed before the extension when mounting to the desktop. I don't think that is an issue, but may have wrong bios version of DSDT for my motherboard. I really need to check that more closely as there are 3 DSDT's for the board, and I gathered that it should be DSDT.aml? The UDSDT.aml wouldn't work???

I hope that is the problem. That and possibly wrong bios version of the DSDT.aml.

lintfilms said:
I think I am using .aml sorry about typo on forum. Couldn't recall the extension, basically, I've only, renamed before the extension when mounting to the desktop. I don't think that is an issue, but may have wrong bios version of DSDT for my motherboard. I really need to check that more closely as there are 3 DSDT's for the board, and I gathered that it should be DSDT.aml? The UDSDT.aml wouldn't work???

I hope that is the problem. That and possibly wrong bios version of the DSDT.aml.
It doesn't matter what's the name of the file you placed on your desktop, important is the extension .aml
Multibeast (with User DSDT selected), renames the file it finds with an .aml extension to DSDT.aml and copying it into the /Extra folder.

UDSDT.aml in /Extra folder don't work

karacho said:
lintfilms said:

It doesn't matter what's the name of the file you placed on your desktop, important is the extension .aml
Multibeast (with User DSDT selected), renames the file it finds with an .aml extension to DSDT.aml and copying it into the /Extra folder.

UDSDT.aml in /Extra folder don't work

I'm just wondering, does multibeast only search the desktop for the .aml file? If it does then it shouldn't be an issue. If it doesn't, then is it possible there is some confusion as there were multiple .aml files inside a pendrive on the desktop?

lintfilms said:
I'm just wondering, does multibeast only search the desktop for the .aml file?
Yes
If it does then it shouldn't be an issue. If it doesn't, then is it possible there is some confusion as there were multiple .aml files inside a pendrive on the desktop?
No.
ALL drives connected at your machine (no matter if internal or external drives) are mounted under /Volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back